Memoirs: From Scribblings into High Art
- Time Regained. Gannett, Lewis // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;May/Jun2001, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p35
Reviews the book 'Lost Years: A Memoir, 1945-1951,' by Christopher Isherwood.
- BERLIN BERLIN. // Out;Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p61
The article focuses on the life of the late Christopher Isherwood in Berlin, Germany based on several books that he had written including "Christopher and His Kind" and "The Berlin Stories."
- Christopher's crossroads. Plunket, Robert // Advocate;09/12/2000, Issue 820, p63
Features several books written by Christopher Isherwood. 'Lost Years: A Memoir 1945-1951'; 'The Ishwerwood Century: Essays on the Life and Work of Christopher Isherwood,' edited with an introduction by James J. Berg and Chris Freeman; 'Lions and Shadows: An Education in the Twenties.'
- Two of the Conspirators. Lehmann, John // Twentieth Century Literature;Oct76, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p264
Presents an article which deals with authors of twentieth-century literature. Relationship with author Christopher Isherwood; Fears of Isherwood on European war; Necessity for an advisory committee.
- An Integrity Born of Hope: Notes on Christopher Isherwood. Wilson, Colin // Twentieth Century Literature;Oct76, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p312
Comments on the life and works author Christopher Isherwood. Characteristics of Isherwood; Information on Impressionists; Humor and piquancy from the contrast between the goings-on and Isherwood's prose.
- Philadelphia Stories. Nickels, Thom // Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on the accounts observed by gay Christopher Isherwoods while working as a conscientious objector in Mail Line in Camac Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Sailors and servicemen met by Isherwood; Scenes of conflicts between gay men and lesbians in the city; Gay life in the city. INSET:...
- OPINIONS: LETTERS: Isberwood's Best. Bob, Freeman-Jones; Harry, Freeman-Jones // Advocate;1/28/76, Issue 182, p18
Commends the homosexual rights journal 'Advocate' for featuring an article on gay personality Christopher Isherwood.
- Christopher Isherwood: An Interview. Heilbrun, Carolyn G. // Twentieth Century Literature;Oct76, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p253
Interviews Christopher Isherwood, an author from Santa Monica, California. Views on Indian avatar Ramakrishna; His views on women, gold and spiritual life; Emphasis on homosexual relationships.
- Lions and Shadows. Brogan, Hugh // Twentieth Century Literature;Oct76, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p303
Examines the novel 'Lions and Shadows,' by Christopher Isherwood. Woes of sensitive English artists; Choice of exile imposed on Isherwood.