Literary Contexts in Short Stories: "The Interlopers" by Saki [Hector Hugh Munro]
- The Interlopers. Munro, H. H. // Read;12/12/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p20
The short story “The Interlopers” by H. H. Munro, who used the pseudonym Saki, is presented.
- Write your own ending to 'The Interlopers'. // Read;12/12/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p24
The article presents the idea that students could write their own ending to the short story "The Interlopers," by H. H. Munro, who used the pseudonym Saki, and send it to the journal. The journal has created and printed its own ending to the story in which the character Georg Znaeym is mauled by...
- Saki’s Storyteller: A Source. Hamlyn, Susan // Notes & Queries;Jun2013, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p277
The article discusses the influence of the children's short story "The Children and the Lion," by Samuel Wilberforce, on the short story "The Storyteller," by H. H. Munro (Saki). Focus is given to the way in which Munro's story is a largely satirical version of Wilberforce's. In Wilberforce's...
- Laura. Saki // Cicada;Sep2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p7
The short story "Laura," by Saki is presented.
- Unbearable Bassington. Saki // Unbearable Bassington;1/1/1913, p1
Presents the short story "Unbearable Bassington," by Saki.
- THE LULL. Munro, H. H. // Cicada;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p12
The article presents the short story "The Lull," by Hector Hugh Munro.
- Saki's Dependent Dissidence: Exploring "The East Wing." Gibson, Brian // English Language Notes;Mar2005, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p39
This article explores the short story "The East Wing," written by Saki, the literary pseudonym of Hector Hugh Munro. Number of novels, plays and short stories written by Saki between 1900 and 1916; Description of the short story; Family and career background of Munro.
- SAKI AND THE HUMAN ZOO. Elahipanah, Nooshin // Contemporary Review;Spring2007, Vol. 289 Issue 1684, p85
The author focuses on the short story "The Mappined Life," by Hector Hugh Munro, better known under his pen name Saki. The author analyzes the short story and provides the historical context for the story. It is reported that the story was inspired by the opening of zoos across Europe in the...
- The Interloper. Baksi, Saikat // Woman's Era;May2013, Vol. 40 Issue 947, p80
The short story "The Interloper" by Saikat Baksi is presented.