Literary Contexts in Short Stories: Anjana Appachana's 'The Prophecy'
- The Limitations Imposed by Social Class. Caldwell, Tracy M. // Literary Theme: The Limitations Imposed by Social Class;2006, p1
This essay explores the theme of limitations imposed by social class in Anjana Appachana's short story "The Prophecy."
- RADICAL OR CONVENTIONAL? -- PORTRAYAL IN CHINESE MEDIA OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN AN OLDER WOMAN AND A YOUNGER MAN. HUIKE WEN // Journal of Research in Gender Studies;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p356
Recently the romantic relationship between an older woman and a younger man has been a popular topic in the Chinese media landscape. This type of relationship is basically represented as something new, modern, and radical, engaged in by many celebrities as well as creating media celebrities out...
- Isn't it romantic? // Campus Life;May/Jun97, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p44
Relates insights on the feelings and ideas of youth in a romantic relationship. Dating; Sensitivity of partners; Romanticism; Communication.
- WHEN AND WHY GENDER DIFFERENCES IN SAYING 'I LOVE YOU' AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS. Brantley, Angel; Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E. // College Student Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p614
Presents a study that examined the gender differences in professing love among college students. Methodology; Analysis of the meaning of students when saying I love you; Implications of the study.
- COLLEGE STUDENT ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS TOWARD ENDING AN UNSATISFACTORY RELATIONSHIP. Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E.; McGinty, Kristen; Davis, Bob // College Student Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p630
Presents a study that examined the attitudes of college students toward ending an unsatisfactory relationship. Comparison of the attitudes of male and female students; Analysis of the race differences in attitudes toward ending an unsatisfactory relationship; Implications of the study.
- ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOR OF COLLEGE STUDENTS TOWARD INFIDELITY. Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E.; Kaluzny, Melissa; Sturdivant, Lakisha // College Student Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p162
Six-hundred-twenty never married university students completed an anonymous confidential questionnaire designed to assess their attitude and behavior toward a partner's infidelity. Over two-thirds (69.1%) reported that they would end a relationship with a partner who cheated on them and almost...
- Jealousy in college student relationships. Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E.; Mabon, Lashonda; Shriver, Lisa // College Student Journal;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p328
One hundred and eighty-five undergraduates at a large southeastern university completed a 9 item questionnaire designed to assess the presence, timing, and sources of jealousy in their respective relationships. Data revealed students experiencing jealousy at a level of five on a ten point...
- Ladies say it's cheating when:. Cronin, Sean // Pipe Dream;11/5/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 16, p10
The article offers views from college female students about cheating in a relationship.
- Caught in the couple trap. // Campus Life;July/Aug97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p45
Focuses on a young couple's view about their relationship. Conflicts in relationship; Blessing in disguise of a summer job business; Relationship with God; Relationship with their friends.