Literary Contexts in Short Stories: Anjana Appachana's 'The Prophecy'
- The Limitations Imposed by Social Class. Caldwell, Tracy M. // Literary Theme: The Limitations Imposed by Social Class;2006, p1
This essay explores the theme of limitations imposed by social class in Anjana Appachana's short story "The Prophecy."
- Isn't it romantic? // Campus Life;May/Jun97, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p44
Relates insights on the feelings and ideas of youth in a romantic relationship. Dating; Sensitivity of partners; Romanticism; Communication.
- WHEN AND WHY GENDER DIFFERENCES IN SAYING 'I LOVE YOU' AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS. Brantley, Angel; Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E. // College Student Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p614
Presents a study that examined the gender differences in professing love among college students. Methodology; Analysis of the meaning of students when saying I love you; Implications of the study.
- COLLEGE STUDENT ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS TOWARD ENDING AN UNSATISFACTORY RELATIONSHIP. Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E.; McGinty, Kristen; Davis, Bob // College Student Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p630
Presents a study that examined the attitudes of college students toward ending an unsatisfactory relationship. Comparison of the attitudes of male and female students; Analysis of the race differences in attitudes toward ending an unsatisfactory relationship; Implications of the study.
- ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOR OF COLLEGE STUDENTS TOWARD INFIDELITY. Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E.; Kaluzny, Melissa; Sturdivant, Lakisha // College Student Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p162
Six-hundred-twenty never married university students completed an anonymous confidential questionnaire designed to assess their attitude and behavior toward a partner's infidelity. Over two-thirds (69.1%) reported that they would end a relationship with a partner who cheated on them and almost...
- Jealousy in college student relationships. Knox, David; Zusman, Marty E.; Mabon, Lashonda; Shriver, Lisa // College Student Journal;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p328
One hundred and eighty-five undergraduates at a large southeastern university completed a 9 item questionnaire designed to assess the presence, timing, and sources of jealousy in their respective relationships. Data revealed students experiencing jealousy at a level of five on a ten point...
- Ladies say it's cheating when:. Cronin, Sean // Pipe Dream;11/5/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 16, p10
The article offers views from college female students about cheating in a relationship.
- Caught in the couple trap. // Campus Life;July/Aug97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p45
Focuses on a young couple's view about their relationship. Conflicts in relationship; Blessing in disguise of a summer job business; Relationship with God; Relationship with their friends.
- Age discrepant relationships reported by university faculty and their students. Knox, David; Britton, Tim // College Student Journal;Sep97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p280
Reports on the result of a study on female university faculty and students who become involved with men significantly older than themselves. Revelation of five themes in age discrepant relationships; Lack of social approval and support in age discrepant relationships; Relationship problems...