Literary Contexts in Plays: David Mamet's "Oleanna"
- The Playwright as Director: Pinter's Oleanna. Nadel, Ira B. // Pinter Review;2001/2002, p121
This article focuses on the play "Oleanna," by David Mamet. A politicized academic environment shaped by political correctness and the danger of sexual harassment particularly dominated Harvard and other universities in the Boston area when Mamet first drafted the play in 1990, living at the...
- Power play: The dynamics of power and interpersonal communication in higher education as reflected in David Mamet's Oleanna. Chiaramonte, Peter // Canadian Journal of Higher Education;2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p38
David Mamet's play Oleanna may be infamous for reasons that do not do justice to the play's real accomplishments. One reason for the controversy is the author's apparent focus on sexual harassment. The play is not about sexual harassment. It is about power. And in particular the power of...
- Regional Roundup: Rockies/Southwest. Harris, Caludia // Back Stage;04/24/98, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p15
Focuses on David Mamet's `Oleanna' performed at the Provo Theatre Company in Provo, Utah. Focus on the dangers of political correctness; Battle of the sexes; One-sentence summary of `Oleanna.'
- The Devil's Advocate: David Mamet's Oleanna and Political Correctness. Piette, Alain // Staging Difference: Cultural Pluralism in American Theatre & Dra;1995, p173
Presents a critical analysis of the play "Oleanna," by David Mamet. Dramatic language used by Mamet; Plot of the play; Issues on political correctness.
- BRIT BOARDS LURE STILES. Hofler, Robert // Daily Variety;12/8/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the expected portrayal by Julia Stiles of the title role of David Mamet's "Oleanna," a play about sexual harassment in a college campus, on the West End in London, England.
- Those who can't, teach. Davis, Ruth G. // New York;11/21/94, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the use of the play `Oleanna,' by David Mamet as an illustration of the policy of the company William Morris Agency on sexual harassment. Presentation of the issue on sexual harassment; Views of Mamet's agent Howard Rosenstone on the use of the play without the permission from Mamet.
- Retired Virginia president accused of sexual assault. // Community College Week;06/30/97, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p2
Presents information on the sexual assault charge in Petersburg, Virginia against retired president of Richard Bland College, Doctor Clarence Maze, Junior, reported by a student. Details of his arrest; Information given by the student; Where the alleged incident took place.
- COMEDY, DRAMA, AND SAND IN YOUR SHOES. Mamet, David // Florida History & the Arts;Summer2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p25
This article offers a look at the lineup of activities and events of Florida's Seaside Repertory Theatre, a professional, not-for-profit theatre company founded in 2000. Its Third Annual Gulf Coast Comedy Festival will be held from July 26 through July 29, 2006. Seaside Rep will also present its...
- Oleanna. Wheat, Alynda // Entertainment Weekly;6/19/2009, Issue 1052, p67
This article reviews the theatrical production of "Oleanna," by David Mamet, starring Bill Pullman and Julia Stiles.