Ovid, Othello, and the Pontic Scythians
- Proof. // Columbia Dictionary of Quotations from Shakespeare;1998, p291
The article presents quotations relating to the term "proof" used in the play "Othello," by William Shakespeare. Othello applied the term in demanding from Iago to see Desdemona and Cassio making love. Othello also applied the word in seeking proof that Desdemona has indeed committed the crime...
- Three green-eyed monsters: Acting as applied criticism in Shakespeare's Othello. Bent, Geoffrey // Antioch Review;Summer98, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p358
Analyzes and interprets the play of William Shakespeare called `Othello'. Language of the play; Summary outline of the play; Dilemma concerning the race of Othello.
- William Shakespeare, Othello. Presented by Northern Broadsides at Trafalgar Studios, London, England. 3 October 2009. De Ornellas, Kevin // Early Modern Literary Studies;2009-2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p25
The article reviews the play "William Shakespeare, Othello," directed by Barrie Rutter and starring Lenny Henry, performed at Northern Broadsides in London, England on October 3, 2009.
- Othello. BARNIDGE, MARY SHEN // Windy City Times;7/23/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p13
The article reviews the theatrical production "Othello," by William Shakespeare, directed by Jonathan Berry, and starring Michael Patrick Thornton and Kareem Bandealy, performed at the Gift Theatre in Chicago, Illinois until August 24, 2014.
- The `process' of prejudice: Othello I.iii.128-145. Cheadle, Brian // Notes & Queries;Dec94, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p491
Explains the usage of the word `process' in the play `Othello,' and in other works of William Shakespeare.
- 'Prophetic fury,': Othello and the economy of Shakespearean reception. Altman, Joel // Studies in the Literary Imagination;Spring93, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p85
Shows how Shakespeare dramatized analogies between theatrical reception and the communicative factitiousness that governs life outside the theater. Exploration of essentialist impulses urged into action by the inessential medium of the theater; Ways in which Shakespeare exploits these impulses...
- NEW(S) TWISTS ON OLD SHAKESPEARE. // Literary Cavalcade;Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p36
Presents information regarding the drama written by William Shakespeare. Release of an updated version of 'Othello'; Debate over the true authorship of the plays; Performance of actors Peter Ackerman, Jeremy Shamos and David Turner. INSETS: SHAKESPEARE DELIVERS;SHAKESPEAREAN SEQUELS;THE ENTIRE...
- CASSIO'S COAT. Hunt, Maurice // Upstart Crow: A Shakespeare Journal;2006/2007, Vol. 26, p61
The article proposes a novel significance for the armored coat worn by Cassio, a character in William Shakespeare's play "Othello." Cassio's saving coat is said to illustrate his theological election. It argues that the mixture of Protestant and Catholic theologies detected in Cassio is writ...
- Colour Prejudice in Othello. O'Dowd, M.C. // Shakespeare in Southern Africa;1998, Vol. 11, p41
Examines concepts of racial prejudice in the drama 'Othello' by William Shakespeare. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on South African drama and literature.