TURGENEV'S EMANCIPATED WOMEN
- GEORGE SAND AND TURGENEV: A LITERARY RELATIONSHIP. Karp, Carole // Studies in the Literary Imagination;Fall79, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p73
Focuses on the literary relationship between authors Ivan Turgenev and George Sand. Tribute of Russian authors to Sand; Individuals responsible for Turgenev and Sand's forming a close personal relationship; Book written as an attack to serfdom.
- Loving Turgenev. Roberts, Tony // London Magazine;Apr/May2013, p91
The article features Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev, a 19th century Russian author. The author claims that one of the qualities that made Turgenev an attractive figure is the openness in pursuit of social pleasure. Two themes reportedly run through Turgenev's work, namely, the study of the dichotomy...
- Being Turgenev. Eidelman, Tamara // Russian Life;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p19
The article features Russian writer Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev and his works. His novels are part of the school curriculum which include the "Notes of a Hunter" which is about Russia's struggle against serfdom, and "Father and Sons" about pre-reform and reformed Russia. His most famous novel is...
- Turgenev: Art, Ideology and Legacy. Žekulin, Nicholas G. // Canadian-American Slavic Studies;2013, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p515
A review of the book "Turgenev: Art, Ideology, and Legacy," edited by Robert Reid and Joe Andrew, is presented.
- THE GREAT RUSSIANS. Woodcock, George // Sewanee Review;Spring1988, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p306
The article examines books concerning Russian authors. V.S. Pritchett's "The Gentle Barbarian," a critical biography of Ivan Turgenev and Charles and Natasha Hepburn's rendering into English in 1950 of "A Sportsman's Notebook" about Fyodor Dostoevsky. Pritchett's "The Gentle Barbarian" is of...
- A Kiss from Turgenev. Freeborn, Richard // Studies in Slavic Literature & Poetics;2013, Vol. 58, p87
The article explores the letter of Russian author Fyodor Dostoevskii to novelist Apollon Nikolaevich Maikov. The letter is said to describe the encounter of Doestoevskii with Turgenev. Also explored are evidences which suggests that Doestoevskii does not like Turgenev and how he responsed to...
- The Prose Poet. Ivanov, Mikhail // Russian Life;OCt/Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p19
Profiles Ivan Turgenev, a Russia poet, who was born on October 28th, 1818. Background information on Turgenev; Highlights of his literary career.
- Book Reviews: Classic Returns. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;1/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p168
Presents several reprints of titles of interest to libraries for January of 1999. Fiction reprints, including `Fathers and Sons,' by Ivan Turgenev; Nonfiction reprints, including `How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime,' by Roger Corman and Jim Jerome; Best reprints of...
- Writer Ivan Turgenev. // Russian Life;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p17
Profiles Russian writer Ivan Turgenev, who was born in 1818. Place in Russian literature; Personal and career background; Stories and novellas written by Turgenev.