TRISTE FIM DE POLICARPO QUARESMA' AND THE NEW CALIFORNIA
- REFLECTIONS ON NATIONALISM. Pfaff, William // New Yorker;5/25/87, Vol. 63 Issue 14, p44
Considers the concept of nationalism in the United States. Presidential terms that suffered from attempts to dislodge or dominate radical nationalism in a non-Western country; History of the development of the concept of nationalism; Ways by which American nationalism differs from other...
- National Identity Dilemma: the "Who Are We?" Case of Belarus. Volakhava, Liudmila // Annual of Language & Politics & Politics of Identity;2010, p2
Abstract The article deals with the phenomenon of the Belarusian national identity, with a particular focus on its specific characteristics and attributes, taking into consideration the overall context and trends of the national consciousness shaping. By and large, the current tide of interest...
- 32 SIGNS YOU MAY NOT BE A PATRIOT. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul2004, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p162
Outlines some signs which shows that a person is not a patriot.
- China's Self-Absorbed Nationalism -- It's Worse than It Looks. Sutter, Robert // PacNet Newsletter;8/23/2012, Issue 53, p1
The article suggests that the impetus for popular and elite pressure for tougher Chinese approach on territorial issues rests with the self-absorbed nationalism fostered with vigor by Chinese authorities. It mentions that China's image building efforts support a leading role in Asian and world...
- WILL GLASNOST BRING THE REACTIONARIES TO POWER? Katsenelinboigen, Aron // Orbis;Spring88, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p217
This article argues against the Soviet policy of glasnost, which refers to greater freedom and fewer political pressures, and contends that the reactionaries should not be thought of as extreme members of the conservative anti-glasnost camp. It also describes reactionaries as those who resemble...
- America's Blind Spot. // Wilson Quarterly;Summer2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p91
Focuses on the article 'The Paradoxes of American Nationalism,' by Minxin Pei, which appeared in the May-June 2003 issue of the magazine 'Foreign Policy.' Comparison of national price of U.S. citizens and other nationality; Basis of nationalism in the U.S.; Effect of insensitivity of the U.S....
- Introduction to the Special Issue: Gingerbread Hearts: Instead of an Introduction. Pavlović, Srdja; Debeljak, Ales // International Journal of Politics, Culture & Society;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p7
The 1991 dissolution of Yugoslavia and the subsequent wars between expansionist nationalisms were, and still are, the topic of many scholarly works. From 1991 on, numerous regional experts, government advisers, and former diplomats, as well as professional historians, sociologists, and political...
- Irish Responsibility. // New Republic;5/12/17, Vol. 11 Issue 132, p38
Discusses the difficulty of mobilizing war sentiment in Ireland. Consequences of Tory policy; Discrepancy between English and Irish sentiment that has its roots in legislative dissatisfaction; Description of the exercise of Irish nationalism under home rule.
- Israel Among the Nationalisms. Licht, Robert A. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Apr1991, Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the conflict between Arab and Jewish nationalism and the conflict between liberal democracy and nationalism. Definition of nationalism; Political and economic effect of the European domination in the Arab region; Discussion of Palestinian nationalism.