Oscar Wilde and Feminism
- THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING PIOUS. Heer, Jeet // Lingua Franca: The Review of Academic Life;Sep2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p20
Deals with the religiosity or Christianity of the Irish author and playwright Oscar Wilde. Overview of the sexual behavior of Wilde; How Roman Catholic clergies and writers interpreted the Christianity of Wilde; Influence of religion in his writings; Controversy on the conversion of Wilde to...
- VATICAN REHABILITATES OSCAR WILDE. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;4/13/2000, pN.PAG
Reports on the alleged renunciation by gay author Oscar Wilde of his gay life while dying, as attested by the priest summoned to his deathbed. Condemnation of Wilde by the Jesuit publication "La Civilita Cattolica" based on his poem "The Ballad of Reading Gaol."
- The divine Mr. W. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;05/26/97, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p18
Comments on the 100th anniversary of Oscar Wilde's release from Reading Gaol after serving two years for sodomy. Wilde's popularity at the end of the 20th century; Various views on Wilde.
- TAUCHNITZ EDITION. // Poems of Oscar Wilde;1911, preceding p1
The article presents a list of the works of author Oscar Wilde, including "A Woman of No Importance," "The Picture of Dorian Gray," and "Salome."
- Wilde about Oscar. Kirn, Walter // Time;5/4/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 17, p72
Focuses on the popularity of writer Oscar Wilde, and his works, in the United States. Mention of the play `The Judas Kiss,' and the drama `Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde'; The book `The Wilde Album,' by Merlin Holland; Wilde' career and life.
- THE LAST WORD. // Print;Oct2013, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p88
A comic strip representing the author Oscar Wilde is presented.
- The Wit of Oscar Wilde (1854-1900). // CCPA Monitor;Dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p40
The article presents quotes from Irish author Oscar Wilde regarding marriage, consistency, and enemies.
- DON'T BE A WRITER IF YOU WANT TO WRITE. Barrett, Alfred // America;7/23/1938, Vol. 59 Issue 16, p379
The author reflects on the role of writers in the society. He states that it is important for professional or amateur writers to write and have the ability to sense an opportunity. He notes that one of the best places to write is in jail, just like Oscar Wilde, who in his incarceration, was able...
- Exploring the Wilde kingdom. Chinn, Sarah E. // Advocate;01/30/2001, Issue 830, p65
Reviews several books on writers Oscar Wilde and Dolly Wilde. 'Truly Wilde: The Unsettling Story of Dolly Wilde, Oscar's Unusual Niece,' by Joan Schenkar; 'The Unmasking of Oscar Wilde,' by Joseph Pearce; 'The Complete Letters of Oscar Wilde,' edited by Merlin Holland and Rupert Hart-Davis.