Hyding the Subject?: The Antinomies of Masculinity in The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Demonic Disturbances of Sexual Identify: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr/s Hyde. Doane, Janice; Hodges, Devon // Novel: A Forum on Fiction;Fall1989, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p63
Discusses the demonic disturbances of sexual identity in the short story "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," by Robert Louis Stevenson. Details of how critic Stephen Gwynn describes the story's milieu in his book "Robert Louis Stevenson"; Interpretation of hysteria by critic Stephen...
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. // Scholastic Action;10/11/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p14
Presents a reading comprehension activity for children using a short story based on the book "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Book Review). Smith, Mercedes // Book Report;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p73
Reviews the book 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' by Robert Louis Stevenson amd illustrated by Francois Place.
- The sedulous ape: Atavism, professionalism, and Stevenson's Jekyll and Hyde. Arata, Stephen D. // Criticism;Spring95, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p233
Studies the representation of the relation between professional interpretation and the construction of criminal deviance in the book `The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' by Robert Louis Stevenson. Similarities between Mr. Hyde and theorist Cesare Lombroso's atavistic criminal;...
- Books for Youth: BOOKS FOR MIDDLE READERS. Phelan, Carolyn // Booklist;05/01/2000, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p1670
Reviews the book `The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' by Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Audiobooks. Redford, Rachel // Gramophone;Jan97, Vol. 74 Issue 884, p128
Reviews the audiobook `The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Et in Arcadia Ego. WILLIAMSON, KEVIN D. // National Review;8/19/2013, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p35
The article looks skeptically upon gender identification. In the author's view gender is determined by a person's DNA, not by self-perceptions of masculinity or femininity, and he is critical of U.S. Department of Justice actions that contradict this reasoning. He draws a parallel to Body...
- POINT OF VIEW OF UNIVERSITY SCHOLARS ABOUT MALE -TO-FEMALE GENDER DYSPHORICS IN PAKISTAN. Haider, Syeda Kaniz-i- Fatima // NURTURE: Journal of Pakistan Home Economics Association;2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p12
The diversity within the gender identity of male-to-female gender dysphoric community is investigated with the goal of developing a model of gender identity that can more adequately describe this diversity than the current conceptualizations of gender identity disorders can do. Participants...
- Optimal Masculinity: Feminine Races or Genders Attenuate Sanctions for Domineering Behavior. Hall, Erika Verniece; Phillips, Katherine W. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2012, p1
Prior research has found that Asians are perceived to be feminine, and Blacks are perceived to be masculine (Galinsky, Hall, & Cuddy, 2012; Johnson, Freeman, and Pauker, 2011). We investigate the implications of 'gendered race' for identities at the intersection of race and gender. We find that...