Hyding the Subject?: The Antinomies of Masculinity in The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Demonic Disturbances of Sexual Identify: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr/s Hyde. Doane, Janice; Hodges, Devon // Novel: A Forum on Fiction;Fall1989, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p63
Discusses the demonic disturbances of sexual identity in the short story "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," by Robert Louis Stevenson. Details of how critic Stephen Gwynn describes the story's milieu in his book "Robert Louis Stevenson"; Interpretation of hysteria by critic Stephen...
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. // Scholastic Action;10/11/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p14
Presents a reading comprehension activity for children using a short story based on the book "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Book Review). Smith, Mercedes // Book Report;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p73
Reviews the book 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' by Robert Louis Stevenson amd illustrated by Francois Place.
- The sedulous ape: Atavism, professionalism, and Stevenson's Jekyll and Hyde. Arata, Stephen D. // Criticism;Spring95, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p233
Studies the representation of the relation between professional interpretation and the construction of criminal deviance in the book `The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' by Robert Louis Stevenson. Similarities between Mr. Hyde and theorist Cesare Lombroso's atavistic criminal;...
- Books for Youth: BOOKS FOR MIDDLE READERS. Phelan, Carolyn // Booklist;05/01/2000, Vol. 96 Issue 17, p1670
Reviews the book `The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' by Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Audiobooks. Redford, Rachel // Gramophone;Jan97, Vol. 74 Issue 884, p128
Reviews the audiobook `The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,' Robert Louis Stevenson.
- The abiding Mr. Hyde. McMinn, M.R. // Christianity Today;11/18/88, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p27
The book `Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde' aptly describes the Christian life. Robert Louis Stevenson, as well as the Apostle Paul (Romans 7:15), notices that it is difficult to keep one's private life consistent with his public life, and that Christiansare often tempted to sin.
- Role Playing from the Vantage Point of Gender. An Unconventional Approach to Rethinking Theory and Practice in Romania. TRIF, VICTORIȚA // Journal of Research in Gender Studies;2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1101
This article aims to determine gender identity in Romania, to suggest ways to improve the gendered nature of interactions in school and to discuss the relationship 'ethics - gender.' Our research proposes a qualitative and quantitative approach to inferring causal relationship between the...
- Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Ketcheson, Ann // CM: Canadian Review of Materials;6/13/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p30
The article reviews the book "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" by Alan Grant and illustrated by Cam Kennedy.