Purposeful Deceptions of the April Fool
- PRACTICAL JOKES. Bynum, Joyce // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Winter1988, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p369
Presents information on practical jokes. Characteristics of a practical joke; Recountal of several practical jokes; Uses of a practical joke; Importance of April fool's day to practical jokers.
- A day-long fools' fiesta! // Alive;Apr2014, Issue 378, p70
In this article, the author talks about the celebration of April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day in India in April 2014. Topics discussed include the efforts done by psychologists to study pranks used in celebrating such occasion, and the categories of practical jokes according to activist Albie...
- APRIL FOOL. // Child Life;Apr/May2001, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p26
Presents a picture story about children playing tricks on their parents during April Fool's day.
- Practical Jokes. Stieg, Bill; Jones, Lisa // Men's Health;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p49
Suggests several practical jokes for April Fools' Day.
- Fool Me Not! Reed, Julie // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/30/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p2
The article presents the author's insights regarding April Fools Day and playing pranks.
- New school uniforms to take effect. Billac, Bradley // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/1/2009, Vol. 137 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on prank planning for the April Fools Day.
- 10 April Fools' Pranks We So Want to Play. Bonnell, Kimberly; Satran, Pamela Redmond // Glamour;May2013, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p51
The article lists the pranks for the 2013 April Fools' Day which includes mailing the student loan people a poem as payment, sneaking more cute children at the celebrity couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's dinner table, and replacing the things in singer Nicki Minaj's closet with navy wool.
- Nosy News Guy. Curotte-Ryder, Eric // Eastern Door;3/30/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p9
The article shares readers April Fool's day pranks and experiences that include a guy asking a girl to marry him, a co-worker picking up a keg loaded with bolts, and the locker room of a friend that was stuffed with tissue paper as a birthday greeting.
- BeadBrain Skull Shaker. Rule, Greg // Keyboard;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p112
Features a fictitious product review for a fake plastic skull. Inclusion of the product review in the April 2003 issue of 'Keyboard' in keeping with the spirit of April Fools' Day.