PUCK'S DREAD BROOM
- Regional Roundup: San Francisco. Esta, A. J. // Back Stage;08/09/96, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p29
Presents updates on theatrical activities related to William Shakespeare's plays in San Francisco, California as of August 1996. California Shakespeare Festival at Bruns Amphitheater in Orinda; `Midsummer Night's Dream,' a drama performed by Marin Shakespeare Company; Plays presented at the...
- This Summer's night smiles on fairies. Perille, Gina // Bay Windows;1/22/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p23
Reviews the play "A Midsummer Night's Dream," written by William Shakespeare and performed at the American Repertory Theater in January 2004.
- A Bottomless Dream. Brustein, Robert // New Republic;9/16/85 - 9/23/85, Vol. 193 Issue 12/13, p32
Reviews the stage play "A Midsummer Night's Dream," written by William Shakespeare, directed by Liviu Ciulei, and presented at the Minneapolis Guthrie Theater in Minnesota.
- OFT MET BY MOONLIGHT. HURWITT, SAM // Theatre Bay Area;2009, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p17
The article reviews theatrical versions of William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" that were performed around San Francisco Bay Area, California.
- MELTING VOWS: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM AND OVID'S HEROYCALL EPISTLES. Thomsen, Kerri Lynne // English Language Notes;Jun2003, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p25
Examines the influence of the poem 'Heroides' on the play 'A Midsummer Night's Dream,' by William Shakespeare. Characterization of the play; Concept of the poem 'Heroides'; Connection between the two works.
- The Post-Dispatch missed the chance to defend free speech. Pollack, Joe // St. Louis Journalism Review;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 284, p12
The article reviews the play "A Midsummer Night's Dream," by William Shakespeare.
- ROBERT BRUSTEIN ON THEATER. // New Republic;2/22/88, Vol. 198 Issue 8, p25
Reviews the play "A Midsummer Night's Dream," by William Shakespeare and performed by Elizabeth McGovern and Carl Lumbly at the Bahia province in Brazil.
- The Cross-Continental Express. BENT, ELIZA // American Theatre;Jan2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p108
The article presents the collaboration between the University of Maryland (UMD) and the National Academy of Chinese Theatre Arts (NACTA) in Beijing, China on the theatrical production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream," by William Shakespeare. The groups rehearsed separately under the direction of...
- Shakespeare's Sound Government: Sound Defects, Polyglot Sounds, and Sounding Out. Parker, Patricia // Oral Tradition;Oct2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p359
The article attempts to recover the sounds in William Shakespeare's plays. It discusses how the aural dimensions of the play have been suppressed by the Shakespearean textual tradition. It emphasizes the importance of the polyglot communities of the early modern London, England, and the...