Chameleon Cup or Poison-Detector?
- The Warren Cup: Homoerotic Love and Symposial Rhetoric in Silver. Pollini, John // Art Bulletin;Mar1999, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the Warren Cup, a silver ovoid scyphus or drinking vessel created in the early Roman Imperial period. Workmanship; Representation of homoerotic scenes; Nature of homoerotic scenes; Homosexuality in Rome and the Lex Scatinia; Scenes of the Warren Cup; Dating and proverance of the...
- A temple through time. Fulford, Eric // Calliope;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the Temple of Antoninus Pius and Faustina in Rome, Italy. Temple as built around A.D. 141; Temple as a church dedicated to the Christian Saint Lawrence; Damaging of the temple by invading Normans.
- Cracked Coffee Pots and Spotty Moths. Evan-Hart, Julian // Treasure Hunting;Apr2012, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of searching and detecting Roman artifacts in Hertfordshire, England in June 2011.
- Miniature cups and saucers are a challenge to find. Harran, Jim; Harran, Susan // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on collecting of miniature cups and saucers which has been a popular pastime since the 18th century. Information on dollhouse size miniatures; Description of toy size miniatures. INSET: Bibliography..
- Fountain cups runneth over. Kelley, Kristine Portno // Beverage Industry;Oct94, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the manufacture of larger cup sizes for the fountain industry in the United States. Increase in softdrink sales; Introduction of `Coke to Go' by Coca Cola Bottlers; Offering of combination packages.
- Party cups with a message. S. R. // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p109
The article features the Giacona Container Corp., which familiarizes the concept of "go-cup" in New Orleans, Louisiana and also makes biodegradable products.
- U.S. DEMAND FOR CUPS AND LIDS TO APPROACH $9 BILLION IN 2016. // Food & Beverage Packaging;Oct2012, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that the U.S. demand for cups and lids is forecast to increase 4.1% per year to 8.9 billion dollars in 2016.
- remember when... // Gay Times (09506101);May2004, Issue 308, p62
Presents past news related to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Great Britain. Number of people who were killed and injured when a bomb exploded in the gay bar Admiral Duncan in Soho, London, England; Value of the Roman goblet which features explicit scenes of gay sex that...
- Treasures of I Fucoli. Rastrelli, Anna // Archaeology;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p42
Provides information on I Fucoli, an Etruscan temple structure found in the Archaeological Museum of Chianciano Terme, north of Rome. Example of the sculptures; Origin of the I Fucoli sculptures.