- Let Wildlife Agency Professionals Do Their Jobs. Putten, Mark Van // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec2002/Jan2003, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
Comments on the role of wildlife agency professionals in dealing with chronic wasting disease (CWD) among deer and elk in the U.S. as of December 2002. Achievements of wildlife professionals in handling CWD; Suggestions in dealing with CWD; Facts on CWD.
- Notes from coast to coast. McCombrie, Brian // Field & Stream;Oct99, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p16
Highlights developments concerning wildlife in the United States. Includes Colorado Wildlife Commission's recommendation of ideal ratio for male and female deer for maintaining herd stability; Female timber wolf's killing of 19 deer in the Forest Trophy Whitetail Game Farm in Wisconsin;...
- BACK FROM THE BRINK. Brackney, Susan M. // Boys' Life;Oct2005, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p13
Presents information on discovery of several species that were thought to be extinct.
- Gold Medal Australia, for CON-servation! Hahnheuser, Ralph // Animals Today;2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Comments on the state of wildlife conservation in Australia. Flaws in the arguments that wildlife conservation is achieved by exploiting wildlife for commercial gains; Community understanding of conservation; Comparison of financial and conservation-driven conservation; Impact of commercial...
- The fall of the wild. Bolgiano, C. // Wilderness (07366477);Spring92, Vol. 55 Issue 196, p24
Describes the ways in which circumstance and genetics combine to produce a certain natural ambivalence--and the possibility of hope for endangered species. Preservation efforts for the red wolf; Species that no longer conform to the technical definition of them; How to formulate a new hybrid...
- CURRENT EVENTS. // WILD (1492014X);Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p26
Highlights the activities and programs of the Canadian Wildlife Federation in 2002. Facepainting and scavenger hunt; Family Environment Day; Exhibitions.
- A CAREFUL PLAN FOR WILDLIFE. Brookes, Zali // Wildlife Australia;Winter2001, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p5
Reports that 'Wildlife Australia' magazine is set to issue a poster that will offer useful tips on caring for wildlife. Issues related to urban wildlife that were discussed in the spring 2001 edition of the magazine; Obligation that people have to protect native flora and fauna.
- Why Y to Y? // Canadian Geographic;1998 Annual First Edition, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p29
Focuses on the `Y2Y' project or the Yellowstone To Yukon Conservation Initiative for the Rocky Mountains. Predators living in the the Rocky Mountains; Goal of Y2Y for the animals; Number of organizations participating in the conservation project.
- Call of the wild. Bates, Robin // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr96, Vol. 20 Issue 127, p73
Reports on a directory of wildlife surveys, conducted by the Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF), to help document the status of Canadian wildlife. Duty of the Directory of Surveys; Further information on the directory.
- Putting the Wild Back in Wildlife. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Mar2009, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p28
The article outlines several ways by which one can learn more about local wildlife and wildlife protection.