BC successfully restricts use of trans fat in food service establishments
- Lawmaker says he'll bring back trans-fat ban. Johnson, Carla K. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;6/15/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p5
The article offers information on the another attempt of Chicago Democrat and Representative La Shawn Ford on a legislation banning the use of artificial trans fats in restaurants with the version excepting baked products like doughnuts.
- Lawmaker says he'll bring back trans-fat ban. Johnson, Carla K. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;6/15/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the aim of Representative La Shawn Ford from Chicago to reintroduce the legislation which bans artificial trans fatty acids from restaurants in Chicago, Illinois.
- WHO Europe says ban trans fats. // Food & Drink Technology;Nov2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
The article focuses on the "European Food and Nutrition Action Plan 2015-2020" released by the World Health Organization (WHO) Europe, which suggests European Union Countries to develop and implement policies for banning trans fat from the food supply to promote healthy diet for Europeans.
- Ban on trans fats may reduce inequalities in CHD mortality. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;Sep2015, Vol. 737 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the finding of a study regarding the cost effectiveness of a total ban on trans fatty acids in processed foods in England to reduce socioeconomic inequalities in mortality from coronary heart disease (CHD).
- India Lagging Behind On Trans Fat Regulation. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;11/17/2013, p11
The article reports that the government of India did not regulate trans fat in packaged food's labeling requirements following a proposal of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) to ban trans fats in processed food.
- Lawmaker says he'll bring back trans-fat ban. Johnson, Carla K. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;6/15/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p5
The article reports that of U.S. Representative LaShawn K. Ford will try again to ban artificial trans fats from restaurants after the proposed legislation failed in the Illinois Senate.
- Trans-fat ban launched. // CCPA Monitor;Dec2013/Jan2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the ban on artificial trans-fat in processed foods imposed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Public health and nutrition advocates fear regulatory inaction has become the norm. Vogel, Lauren // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/13/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 10, pE465
The article reports on the fear of the public health and nutrition advocates that the regulatory inaction by the food industry is becoming a norm. It reports that inaction did happen on the transfat voluntary reduction and will likely occur with salt. Meanwhile, it discusses the salt reduction...
- A health risk hard to digest. // Nursing Standard;2/10/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p28
The article presents different views regarding whether the government of Great Britain should create a law banning artificial trans fatty acids in food. Some individuals believe that the government should not interfere with a personal decision about whether or not to consume foods considered to...