- FTC Backs FCC On Withholding Auction Info. // TelecomWeb News Digest;3/10/2006, p6
The article reports on the reply comment filed by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Economics agreeing with the changes the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) wants to make regarding the way the upcoming June 2006 auction of advanced wireless services licenses will be run. The...
- CTIA seeks to light fuse under FBI. // Wireless Review;03/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p8
Reports that CTIA has asked the US Federal Communications Commission to help in implementing the Federal Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act. Expanded authority and capability concerns in the telecommunications industry; Possible delay of the compliance date.
- Letters. Bishop, Mark L.; Russo, Richard // Marketing News;1/25/1980, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p2
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Dispute against the effectiveness of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC); Reason for inspection at the FTC.
- FCC moving forward with controversial closed bidding plans for AWS auction. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p22
The article focuses on the support given by the U.S. Justice Department, the Federal Trade Commission and some academics to a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) blind bidding proposal in 2006. The proposal has been criticized by large and small wireless telecommunication firms throughout...
- Protecting Telemarketing Rights. Winston, David A. // Advisor Today;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission to exempt the members of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors from the proposed national 'do-not-call' registry. Inclusion of third party insurance telemarketers to the...
- CARRIERS NOT WORRIED ABOUT FALLOUT FROM DO-NOT-CALL LIST. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;7/14/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the impact of the national Do-Not-Call registry administered by Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission on the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Level of telemarketing activity with the federal mandate; Performance of customer satisfaction research in...
- THE "DO-NOT-CALL LIST" CONTROVERSY: A PARABLE OF PRIVACY AND SPEECH. Smolla, Rodney A. // Creighton Law Review;Jun2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p743
Discusses the controversy surrounding the constitutional challenge to the federal telemarketing "Do-Not-Call List" in the U.S. Protection of the privacy of consumers against telemarketers through a list maintained by two federal agencies, the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications...
- Phone Cos. Get Warning. Melillo, Wendy // Adweek New England Edition;11/08/99, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p69
Offers a look at the warning given by the United States Federal Communications Commission and the Federal Trade Commission to telephone companies and their 10-10 numbers. Complaints about this service; Consequences these companies face; How the advertisement of MCI WorldCom's 10-10321 service...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the National Do Not Call Registry created by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Efforts to ensure the privacy of telephone users from telemarketers; Web site for registering.