- Old Dog, New Tricks. Goggins, Welch // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Mar2008, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p34
The article discusses the guidelines to retrofit the old boiler system to achieve energy savings and reduce greenhouse-gas emissions. It highlights the importance of installing a smaller steam boiler for process work and a condensing boiler for building heat to maximize the use of boiler...
- Key steps towards better boiler efficiency. Willis, Tony // Heating & Ventilating Review;Nov2010, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p20
The author outlines measures that will maximize boiler efficiency and prevent costly mistakes. He points out that focusing on further maximising the efficiency of boilers can create additional savings of 12 to 15 per cent. He suggests that any retrofit solutions be evaluated and introduced as...
- Cool heat. Reid, Michael // Engineer (00137758);6/15/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7774, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the function of a compression refrigeration system, published in June 1, 2009.
- POWER AND COOLING SERVICES. // Tech & Learning;Jan2008 Supplement, p35
The article offers information on the power and cooling services of Dell Computer Corporation. Among the services includes whiteboarding sessions that could help costumers comprehend the potential of an organization by whiteboarding current technology gaps, goals and requirements of a business....
- A Penny Saved Is a Penny Earned. Crosby, D. Allen // Energy & Power Management;Sep2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p6
Presents a letter to the editor about energy management and energy conservation.
- Energy standards worry boilermakers. MacKenzie, Debora // New Scientist;8/17/91, Vol. 131 Issue 1782, p11
Reveals that Britain is opposing a plan by the European Commission to set efficiency standards for home heaters. Why Britain's Department of Energy is opposing a plan which could save the equivalent of ten million tons of oil a year; Carbon dioxide emissions; The European Community's pledge to...
- Questions on Analysis. Lstiburek, Joseph W.; Straube, John // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p10
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one about the benefits of using a super-efficient total energy recovery (TER), and about the need to take advantage of free cooling.
- YOUR LETTERS. // Energy & Power Management;Nov2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p4
Presents letters to the editor related to data center cooling. Issue of the power and transistor density; Inquiry on the hot clocking and reverse gate technology.
- Letters to the Editor. Harrison, Bob; Conway, Travis // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/2/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 233, pA4
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the letter by Michael Foxman and Tom Lawson on the proposed Adirondack Club and Resort in the September 1, 2010 issue and one on the ideas how to conserve energy in school and home.