Rhabdomyolysis and phentermine: Coincidence, not causation
- Anabolic steroids/clenbuterol abuse. // Reactions Weekly;9/15/2012, Issue 1419, p9
The article describes the case of a 33-year-old man who developed rhabdomyolysis, hyperthermia and acute renal failure following severe trauma due to anabolic steroids and clenbuterol abuse.
- Japan PMDA updates oxaliplatin label following fatality. // Reactions Weekly;11/10/2012, Issue 1427, p3
The article reports on the updates made by the Japanese Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA) on the safety information for oxaliplatin following a fatal case of rhabdomyolysis in an elderly patient who received the drug for colon cancer treatment.
- Phentermine. // Reactions Weekly;3/5/2011, Issue 1341, p27
The article describes the case of a 32-year-old man who developed rhabdomyolysis after taking phentermine for appetite suppression.
- Clarithromycin. // Reactions Weekly;6/15/2013, Issue 1457, p14
An abstract of the article "Clarithromycin-induced rhabdomyolysis: A case report," by G. Pasqualetti and colleagues is presented.
- FENOFIBRATE MONOTHERAPY-INDUCED RHABDOMYOLYSIS IN A PATIENT WITH TYPE-2 DIABETES. ÇETINKAYA, RAMAZAN; UYANIK, ABDULLAH; YILDIRIM, RAHŞAN; BILEN, YUSUF; KELEŞ, MUSTAFA // Indian Journal of Medical Sciences;Nov2008, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p458
A letter to the editor is presented which highlights the case of life-threatening rhabdomyolysis with fenofibrate monotherapy in a 60-year-old patient with type-2 diabetes.
- Comparison of Rhabdomyolysis Markers in Patients Undergoing Bariatric Surgery with Propofol and Inhalation-based Anesthesia. Lehavi, Amit; Sandler, Olga; Mahajna, Ahmad; Weissman, Abraham; Katz, Yeshayahu // Obesity Surgery;Oct2015, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1923
Background: Rhabdomyolysis is a relatively uncommon, severe complication of anesthesia and surgery in the morbidly obese. As the use of propofol-based anesthesia has been associated with an increased risk of rhabdomyolysis and metabolic acidosis, this pilot study was designed to assess the...
- Trabectedin. // Reactions Weekly;3/5/2011, Issue 1341, p33
The article describes the case of a man who developed rhabdomyolysis during chemotherapy with trabectedin for metastatic leiomyosarcoma.
- Donepezil: risk of rhabdomyolysis and NMS. // Reactions Weekly;Feb2015, Vol. 1537 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the warning by Health Canada regarding the association of Donepezil to risk of rhabdomyolysis and neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS).
- Rhabdomyolysis: pathogenesis of renal injury and management. Al-Ismaili, Zubaida; Piccioni, Melissa; Zappitelli, Michael // Pediatric Nephrology;Oct2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1781
The article presents an overview of rhabdomyolysis, a syndrome which features the breakdown of skeletal muscle caused by either a physical, biological, or toxic injury that leads to leakage of muscle contents into the extracellular fluid and is characterized by muscle weakness, pain and...