Radiology overlooked in pancreatitis review
- Fluid Volume in Acute Pancreatitis: How Much Is Too Much? Sanders, Jeffrey; Deshpande, Amar R; Barkin, Jamie S; Sussman, Daniel A // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2012, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p632
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Influence of fluid therapy on the prognosis of acute pancreatitis: a prospective cohort study," by E. de-Madaria and colleagues in the 2011 issue.
- Response to Sanders et al. de-Madaria, Enrique; Martínez, Juan; Pérez-Mateo, Miguel // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2012, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p632
A response by Enrique de-Madaria, Juan MartÃnez and Miguel PÃ©rez-Mateo to a letter to the editor about their article "Influence of fluid therapy on the prognosis of acute pancreatitis: a prospective cohort study" in the 2011 issue is presented.
- ENDGAMES. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/15/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7789, p177
A quiz about medicine is presented including indicator for acute pancreatitis prognosis, nail changes associated with leukemia, and the efficacy of parenteral dexamethasone.
- Inhibition of TNF...improves survival in an experimental... Hughes, Christopher B.; Gaber, Lillian W. // American Surgeon;Jan1996, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the etiologies of acute pancreatitis. Prognosis of acute pancreatitis; Research on pancreatitis; Description of experiments; Discussion of findings.
- The Prognostic Value of the Neutrophil-Lymphocyte Ratio (NLR) in Acute Pancreatitis: Identification of an Optimal NLR. Suppiah, Aravind; Malde, Deep; Arab, Tameem; Hamed, Mazin; Allgar, Victoria; Smith, Andrew; Morris-Stiff, Gareth // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p675
Introduction: The neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio (NLR), calculated from the white cell differential count, provides a rapid indication of the extent of an inflammatory process. The aim of this study was to investigate the prognostic value of the NLR in acute pancreatitis (AP) and determine an...
- Interleukin 18 as an early marker or prognostic factor in acute pancreatitis. Janiak, Adam; Leśniowski, Bartosz; Jasińska, Anna; Pietruczuk, Mirosława; Małecka-Panas, Ewa // Gastroenterology Review / Przeglad Gastroenterologiczny;2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p203
Introduction: Acute pancreatits (AP) still reqiures better diagnostic and therapeutic options to be introduced in order to decrease its morbidity and mortality. It appears that the assessment of serum levels of interleukin 18 (IL-18) and its correlation with C-reactive protein (CRP) may provide...
- Mortality prognostic factors in acute pancreatitis. Popa, C. C.; Badiu, D. C.; Rusu, O. C.; Grigorean, V. T.; Neagu, S. I.; Strugaru, C. R. // Journal of Medicine & Life;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p413
Background: The aim of the study was to present the biological prognostic factors of mortality in patients with acute pancreatitis. Methods: Several usual laboratory values were monitored: glucose, urea, partial pressure of oxygen, WBC count, hemoglobin, total bilirubin, and cholesterol. A...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.