- Letters to the editor. Woodard, Don; Worley, Kent // Fort Worth Business Press;6/4/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p35
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including a letter about the Trinity Uptown construction project in the May 21, 2007 issue and "Does TV News in High-Definition Matter?," by Kent Worley.
- LETTERS. Van Kleeck, Ryan; Radbord, Aviva; Sternberg, Scott // Television Week;11/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p11
The section presents letters to editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of "TelevisionWeek" magazine including "Veejays to the Rescue," in the November 14, 2005 issue, "And Now, Heeeeere's the News," in the November 14, 2005 issue, and "Reality Television: How Far Can...
- NHK builds HDTV News Center. // World Broadcast Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Reports on Japan Broadcasting Corp.'s installation of high definition television (HDTV) system for its news broadcasting operations in Japan. Issues related to HDTV which arose during simulcasting; Equipment used to avoid problems in parts not converted to HDTV.
- KING-TV launches HDTV news. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/28/99, Vol. 129 Issue 27, p31
Reports on Seattle, Washington-based KING-TV television station's launch of its high definition television (HDTV) broadcast of news programs. Details of the station's HDTV system designed by Production Design Group.
- Hi-Def News Hits Hartford. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;8/24/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 32, p14
The article features the technological upgrade of National Broadcasting Company's (NBC) WVIT broadcasting station in Hartford, Connecticut, which is the first in the state to offer high-definition (HD) news. It states that the facility's news content changed from tape-based production to a...
- HD's True Believers. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 22, p27
Reports on the transition of television stations in the U.S. to high definition (HD) programming. Factors that influenced the decision of stations to invest in HD news; Problems associated with HD programming; Reasons for producing HD newscasts.
- HDTV begins as HETV. Fasciano // SHOOT;11/13/98, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the WCVB-DT and Boston, Massachusetts's first commercial high definition television telecast on the coverage of the John Glenn shuttle launch. Panasonic and WCVB presentation job; Difficulty with the high definition sets; Production value of the coverage.
- KOMO-TV works out HDTV kinks. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p2
Reports on Seattle, Washington-based KOMO-TV television station's high definition television (HDTV) broadcasting of its news programs. Details of the station's HDTV broadcasting system.
- Panasonic Backs News In HDTV. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/29/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the agreement of Panasonic to sponsor the nightly news broadcasts of Raleigh, North Carolina-based television station WRAL. Start of the high definition broadcasts; Promotion of the news program by Panasonic; Trend for the application of digital technology in the...