Adjusting our ideas
- Letter to the Editor. Campbell, Scott // Contemporary Sexuality;Dec2011, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Trying to dance, but missing the rhythm," published in the October 2011 issue of "Contemporary Sexuality," which discusses sexuality in people with Asperger's Syndrome.
- Reaching out to students with Asperger's. Kline, Allissa // Buffalo Law Journal;6/3/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 44, p4
The article provides information about College Support Program (CSP), a national organization that supports young adults with Asperger's syndrome and other learning difficulties as they attend to college.
- The Social, Behavioral, and Academic Experiences of Children with Asperger Syndrome. Church, Chatharine; Alisanski, Susan; Amanullah, Siraj // Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities;Spring2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
Very little information is available that describes the social, academic, and behavioral experiences of children with Asperger syndrome. This article describes those experiences in 40 children with Asperger syndrome between the ages of 3 and 15 years. The study illustrates both the variability...
- ON THEIR OWN. Valios, Natalie // Community Care;6/13/2002, Issue 1426, p28
Discusses the lack of social service for adults in Great Britain with autism of Asperger's syndrome. Lack of support services or residential placements for autistic adults; Impact of the family care of adult patients on the family; Reasons for the expensive cost of social services.
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Children With Asperger's Syndrome. Öktem, Ferhunde; Diren, Bariş; Karaagaoglu, Ergun; Anlar, Banu // Journal of Child Neurology;Apr2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p253
Asperger's syndrome is a pervasive developmental disorder of unknown etiology. We evaluated children with this syndrome (n = 9) and control (n = 8) children by functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) during a task involving social judgment. All control and 5 of 9 subjects with Asperger's...
- The Teen Age. Holzman, Shayne // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p148
The article presents posts from the Facebook account of 19-year-old Shayne Holzman, who has been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.
- Body Mapping or (to borrow a song title from David Bowie) Loving the Alien. Ramon; Selove, Shellie // Contemporary Sexuality;Oct2011, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p5
An excerpt of the essay "Body Mapping or (to borrow a song title from David Bowie) Loving the Alien," by Ramon and Shellie Selove is presented.
- Haloes are real -- what colour is yours? // New Scientist;1/5/2013, Vol. 217 Issue 2898, p13
The article discusses a paper published in "Neurocase" by researcher Vilayanur Ramachandran and team on the visual response to projected colored letters in a subject with Asperger's syndrome who experienced a variant of synesthesia in which colored haloes are perceived around other people.
- Experience and parental guidance needs of parents of children with Asperger syndrome: An... Du Toit, Z.; Kok, J.C. // South African Journal of Education;Aug99, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p185
Studies the guidance needs of parents of children with Asperger syndrome. Impact of children with Asperger's syndrome on the nuclear family; Interviews with parents; Involvement of the parents in the education of their children.