Think Broad, Act Lean: Implications of Residency Training and Duty Hour Changes on Health Care Costs
- Low-key, low-cost `education' for physicians sparks savings. Montague, Jim // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;6/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p70
Presents the conclusion of a study by John Billi that low-intensity intervention programs aimed at educating physicians about high health care cost can lower medical costs. Decreased mean in lengths of stay due to low-intensity cost intervention; Preservation of physician's autonomy and...
- Invest in health. Cook, D. // Engineer (00137758);9/15/2008, Vol. 283 Issue 7756, p20
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the financial cost of hospital-acquired infections.
- The real culprits. Hellmann, Steve // Modern Healthcare;12/13/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p18
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Who's to Blame?," in the September 13, 2004 issue of the periodical "Modern Healthcare."
- Whose choices? Sutkowski, Georgine // Modern Healthcare;8/27/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p46
A letter to the editor is presented about how much of healthcare costs can be attributed to detrimental lifestyle choices.
- The worker is the payer. Winkler, Wally // Modern Healthcare;9/3/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p39
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Religious experience," in the August 27, 2007 issue.
- Value, not price, at issue. MacStravic, Scott // Modern Healthcare;11/12/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p40
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Healthcare costs in the eye of the beholder," by Jason Miller.
- Trauma in the ER. Lawrence, Linda // Modern Healthcare;7/7/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to "Cities Feeling Burden of Rising Health Costs: Survey," in the June 23, 2008 issue.
- Unaffordable is deplorableâ€¦. Cluley, Dave // Modern Healthcare;1/5/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p22
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Per Capita Costs Will Sock Medicare, Medicaid: CBO," published in the December 18, 2008 issue.
- Till the end of days. Donner, Elizabeth C. // Modern Healthcare;6/8/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Schwarzenegger Proposes More Healthcare Cuts" published in the May 27, 2009 issue of "Daily Dose."