Folic acid in older adults
- B-Vitamin Therapy No-Go in Diabetes. // BioWorld Today;5/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 84, Special section p1
The article discusses research on the effect of vitamin B on the clinical outcome of patients with diabetes, published in the April 28, 2010 issue of the "Journal of the American Association."
- Ocular Eats. // Prevention;Aug2014, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p31
The article offers information on several researches related to health including intake of folate keeps eyes healthy and tomatoes help to build muscles.
- Data discourage use of high-dose vitamin B as homocysteine-lowering strategy. // Endocrine Today;Jun2010, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p25
The article focuses on the Diabetic Intervention with Vitamins to Improve Nephropathy study which affirms the association of patients with diabetic nephropathy who received high-dose vitamin B therapy with risk for kidney function decline, myocardial infarction and stroke.
- Study sheds light on cancer burden in Australia. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Feb2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1101, p23
The article presents findings of a study that reveals the important role of vitamin B in cognitive function that can reduce work-related stress in Australia.
- ConsumerLab.com Reviews B-Complex & Valerian Supplements. // Nutraceuticals World;Dec2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the results of the tests conducted by ConsumerLab.com LLC of White Plains, New York for B vitamin supplements such as shot-sized energy drinks and B-complexes, which revealed problems on product quality.
- Immunology: Vitamins prime immunity. Chua, Wei-Jen; Hansen, Ted H. // Nature;11/29/2012, Vol. 491 Issue 7426, p680
The article offers information on a study related to derivatives of vitamin B that can bind to an antigen. It states that T cells are major players in immunity, providing protection against infection. It mentions that CD4 and CD8 T cells are the most common ones, which are found throughout the...
- Vitamin B may slow Alzheimer's. // GP: General Practitioner;9/17/2010, p18
The article focuses on the findings of a research conducted by researchers at the University of Oxford in England related to the impact of Vitamin B supplements on Alzheimer's disease. The research, published in "PLoS," showed that daily intake of Vitamin B supplements reduces the risk brain...
- Vitamin B-Complex Initiates Growth and Development of Human Embryonic Brain Cells In Vitro. Danielyan, K.; Abramyan, R.; Galoyan, A.; Kevorkian, G. // Bulletin of Experimental Biology & Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p579
We studied a combined effect of subcomponents of vitamin B complex on the growth, development, and death of human embryonic brain-derived cells (E90) cultured using a modified method of Matson. Cell death was detected by trypan blue staining. According to our results, vitamin B-complex in...
- Effect of Cofactor Folate on the Growth of Corynebacterium glutamicum SYPS-062 and l-Serine Accumulation. Zhang, Xiaomei; Xu, Guoqiang; Li, Hui; Dou, Wenfang; Xu, Zhenghong // Applied Biochemistry & Biotechnology;Aug2014, Vol. 173 Issue 7, p1607
The direct fermentative production of l-serine from sugar has attracted increasing attention. Corynebacterium glutamicum SYPS-062 can directly convert sugar to l-serine. In this study, the effects of exogenous and endogenous regulation of cofactor folate on C. glutamicum SYPS-062 growth and...