- Fabric Duct Can Help Win Projects And Increase Profit Margins. Pinkalla, Cary // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/24/2004 Supplement, Vol. 222, p4
Discusses the advantages of using fabric ducts in heating, ventilation and air conditioning projects in the United States. Lightweight property; Acoustic control quality; Reduced labor; Aesthetics property.
- The Case For Installing Flexible Duct. Colvin, Stephen J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/24/2004 Supplement, Vol. 222, p16
Focuses on the increase in the number of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors that are using flexible air ducts in North America. Use of the flexible ducts in residential construction; Easy installation of flexible air ducts; Sound considerations when installing HVAC...
- Ductwork Problems Cause Issues With Airflow. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/25/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 13, p1
Discusses airflow problems relating to flex ducts. Improper installation of flex ducts resulting in too little airflow; Key to the optimum performance of flex ducts; Resources available that show contractors how to properly install flex duct.
- California Building Codes Raise New Challenges. Walker, Iain // Home Energy;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that low duct leakage is now a requirement for new construction in California, Florida, and Washington. Building America. Because good duct construction is fairly straightforward during the installation process, the specifications have been relatively well accepted. As part...
- New Ductwork Designs Change the HVAC Landscape. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/2/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the increasing demand for spiral metal ductworks as well as its importance on changing the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning landscape in the U.S. Manufacturers expected that the new duct design will make a strong impact in the country and in Europe. An executive...
- Duct Design Fundamentals. BROOKS, PATRICK J. // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p30
In this article, the author explains the basic tools of duct design and some methods that have been used successfully over the years. He states that the best way to move the air to or from the fan is by a system of conduits called ductwork. It is mentioned that duct design depends on fluid...
- Mini-Splits Poised To Enter The Mainstream. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/21/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 8, p1
Discusses duct-free systems. Development of ductless splits in the U.S.; Rise in the ductless market; Uses of ductless system.
- Duct-cleaning Services Require a Contracting Commitment. ANESI, JEN // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/21/2015, Vol. 256 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that according to heating & ventilation industry contractors, duct-cleaning services require the proper training and equipment for the job. Topics discussed include the need to awareness regarding the benefits of clean air ducts, the views of Rick MacDonald, a president at...
- reader MAIL. Garrett, Bob; Bolino, Bradlee A.; Coscia, Steve // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/22/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 17, p4
Presents letters to the editor about the heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning industries.