- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;12/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p32
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "FCC Chair Praises Industry Broadband Adoption Effort" in the December 1, 2011 issue, "Netflix Expects Net Loss for 2012" in the November 23, 2011 issue, and "NCTA to FCC: Let All-Digital MSOs...
- FCC's Genachowski: Cable Speeds Are Tops. // Multichannel News;7/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p4
The article informs that according to report of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association 82 percent of the population in the U.S. has now access to the industry's high-speed broadband offerings.
- 'Making broadband happen'. Dunphy, Laura // Electronic Media;06/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p26
Reports on the broadband theme of Cable 2001, the 50th annual convention of the United States-based National Cable and Telecommunications Association. Exhibitions and features underscoring the theme; Focus on interactivity, e-commerce, digital cable and Internet access through television sets.
- McSlarrow Down on Broadband Stimulus. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p4
An interview with president of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), Kyle McSlarrow is presented. When asked about his views on the U.S. government's broadband stimulus funding program, McSlarrow said that the program has been a big failure. When asked about the reasons for...
- Broadband Breakdown. Allen, Kevin // PM Network;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that despite the U.S. government's allocation of 7.2 billion dollars to bring digital infrastructure to the nearly 14 million rural residents, the program is yet to take off. The program came under fire when the National Cable & Telecommunications Association reported that...
- Cable's 'A-Plus' Idea. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p18
The article reports on the proposal of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) to offer half-price basic broadband service in the U.S. It mentions that if the government will agree to fund a digital literacy program, the association will offer the service to some 1.8 million...
- Readying for Change. BLOOMFIELD, SHIRLEY // Rural Telecom;Feb2011, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the stance of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NTCA) about the national broadband project in the U.S. It expresses gratitude to members of the telecommunications industry of the rural community who are willing to learn about the plan and educate...
- Cable Operators Press D.C Flesh for Reform. // Multichannel News;9/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p3
The article offers information on the argument of smaller multiple system operators (MSO) who are members of National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA), that MSO must be also given subsidies just like those broadband companies that are given subsidies.
- NCTA's Leqal Eagle Takes Flight. // Multichannel News;3/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p23
An interview with Dan Brenner, the longtime senior vice president of law and regulatory policy for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), is presented. When asked about the reason he decided to leave the NCTA, he states that he was going to do something next in his career....