- POLL: DVR GROWTH TO TOP HDTV, VOD. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p17
Presents the results of a survey on the views of executives on four television technologies in the U.S. as of April 2003. Digital video recorder; High definition television; Video-on-demand; Interactive television.
- The positioning and current situation of Taiwan's digital TV. Hsien-Tang Ko; Chi Chang; Nan-Shiun Chu // International Journal of Digital Television;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p95
Regulatory and content issues have hindered the development of Taiwan's digital TV, however, recently it has started to boom, with a penetration rate of 33.1 per cent in 2009. Survey findings on digital TV function and service demands indicate that high definition (HD), digital video recording,...
- Viewer choice drives the next generation of TV hardware. Gash, Bill // New Media Age;4/28/2005, p13
This article comments on the impact of the relationship of U.S. viewers to their digital video recorders on TV viewing and advertising. Using its Technographics panel, Forrester Research asked viewers with a digital video recorder (DVR) what features they would like in their ideal TV service....
- Boob tube vs. YouTube. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Oct2010, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p8
The author reflects on the study conducted by Morpace Omnibus concerning the importance of Internet programming in the U.S. He asserts that there 41% of respondents have relied to use digital video recorder (DVR) and video on demand (VOD) because of its greater influences on viewing and...
- SPOT WATCH. // Multichannel News;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p36
Features an advertisement shown at DirecTV digital video recorder aired in November 2004 which focused on cable's on-demand play. Details of the commercial scene; Message of the commercial addressed to its viewers.
- Evolving as Cable Marketers. Cronin, Rich; Rooney, Joe // Multichannel News;7/14/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p47
Focuses on need to emphasis on marketing of broadcasting and cable industry. Discussion between leaders in cable and other industry to share their ideas and experience; Need to develop art of cable marketing to achieve business goals; Challenge for marketing provided by video-on-demand and...
- At NCTA, New Ad Strategies. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the concerns expressed by panelists at the National Show in New Orleans, Louisiana about the impact of adoption of direct video recorders (DVR) and video-on-demand services on cable advertising revenues. Comments from Kevin Leddy, senior vice president of product development at Time...
- LETTERS. Olson, Brian; Rosenstein, Howard; Orsag, Jimmy // MediaWeek;10/29/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles from previous issues, including "DVR Viewing Blurs Premiere Picture" from the October 1, 2007 issue, the "Psychic Connection" Mr. Television column from the October 8, 2007 issue, and the "Shoot the Columnist" Mr. Television...
- LETTERS. Smith, Ed; Burbury, Rochelle // B&T Magazine;1/23/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2684, p19
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Year in Television," by Oliver Milman in the December 19, 2009 and an entry in the B&T Blog by Kristian Barnes in January 2009.