- The gold standard and other monetary regimes. Bordo, Michael D. // NBER Reporter;Spring92, p7
Compares and discusses various aspects of the gold standard rule and its variant Bretton Woods. Stability of monetary systems; Reason for collapse of Bretton Woods system; Gold standard as a commitment mechanism; Alternative monetary rules.
- Roosevelt and the Gold Standard. von Windbegger, F. R. // New Republic;10/28/40, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p590
Presents a letter to the editor on the policy adopted by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt on gold standard.
- CREDIT RESERVATIONS. Leslie, Brian // Ecologist;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article which highlights problems with the monetary system of Great Britain.
- PRINT YOUR OWN MONEY. Inkpen, Tim // Corporate Knights Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article discussing a book on monetary system.
- Standard: A Timeline. D'Alto, Nick // Odyssey;Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p29
The article offers information on the monetary system and currency valuation in the world, in the 20th century.
- Letter to the Editor. Faille, Christopher // Federal Lawyer;Aug2012, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p9
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the review of the book "Gambling with Borrowed Chips: The Common Misdiagnosis of the Crisis of 2007-2008," reviewed by Jane Gravelle in the June 2012 issue.
- Off the Gold Standard. // America;5/6/1933, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p99
The author talks about the decision of the U.S. to abandon the gold standard. According to the author, U.S. followed Great Britain when it went off the gold standard but the effect on the U.S. is much different from England's. He believes that in suspending the gold standard, the U.S. has taken...
- Why Britain Stays off Gold. Brailsford, H. N. // New Republic;3/1/33, Vol. 74 Issue 952, p63
The author reflects on the reluctance of Great Britain to return the gold standard. Experience has converted the active-minded section of British public opinion to a belief in the merits and feasibility of a "tabular" commodity standard. According to the author, reference to gold must be abandon...
- 'Gold Standard' in Clinical Practice. Sharma, Mohan R. // Nepal Journal of Neuroscience;2016, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p57
The article reflects on the use of gold standard in the clinical practice in Nepal with topics on the gold standard in the practice, the consideration science standard as a dynamic process, the regard of gold standard as a monetary system, and the limitations and strengths of gold standard.