- Cable Upfront Estimate: $7.65 Billion, Up 9.3%. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p6
The article discusses the advertising revenue of cable networks in the U.S. for the 2008-09 season. The Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) estimates that the networks took in $7.65 billion for that period, while "Jack Myers Media Business Report" puts the figure at $7.8 billion. Both...
- MEDIA OUTLOOK 2011: In Search of Pricing Parity. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;9/27/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 34, p27
The article provides an outlook for cable television advertising in the U.S. for 2011. Media ratings firm Nielsen stated that cable television expanded by 1.5% in 2009 even though advertisers cut media budgets. Advertising sales of cable television networks will increase by 8.2%, according to...
- TALKBACK. John, Jim; Jorgenson, Fred // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p24
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles "IP Gateways Are Gaining Steam," in the July 7, 2010 issue and the "No Cable Nets In Sezmi's Expansion To 10 Markets," in the June 26, 2010 issue.
- Anything for a Sale. DeHaan, Peter L. // American Salesman;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of dealing with a cable television (TV) network provider in the U.S., which failed to provide what it promised to them as of September 2014.
- Cable television: An American success story. Atford, Harry C. // Michigan Citizen;12/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pA7
The article offers information on the progress and success of the cable television industry in the U.S.
- "Informercials". // Time;5/18/1981, Vol. 117 Issue 20, p85
The article focuses on the advantages of growing cable television (TV) subscribers in the U.S. to advertisers who are planning to use cable TV for commercials. It states that cable TV revenue from advertising is expected to rise to 1.5 billion dollars within a decade. It mentions that some...
- The Care and Feeding of Upstream Channel Bonding. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p22
The article talks about upstream cable spectrum and downstream cable spectrum in the U.S.
- 'LINEAR TV IS DEAD,' AND OTHER CABLE WORRIES. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article presents the author's views concerning linear television in the U.S.
- Cable Network Outlook: Outperform. // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p22
The article offers information on a research conducted by Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. on the U.S. cable networks. Ben Swinburne, media analyst at the company, states that cable and satellite stocks of networks like CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Walt Disney Co. grew by 9.1 percent in 2011. He mentions...