South Australia about to suffer under marine park exclusions
- LETTERS. Collet, Geoffrey S.; Seccombe, John // Ausmarine;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one by Neil Baird on the support needed by the Australian fishing sector and "The Kaiser."
- LETTERS. Dawson, Dave; Miller, Ross // Ausmarine;Jul2010, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p4
Two letters to the editor are presented including one about the possible impact of marine protection initiatives by the Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry Australia (AFFA), and a response to the article "Election Zone," by Mat Dean in the May 29, 2010 issue of "Coffs Coast Advocate" newspaper...
- The Bold and the Beautiful. // Sport Diver;Oct2010, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p59
The article features the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in Australia.
- SA Marine Parks network. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 133, p16
The article announces the completion of the South Australian Marine Parks Network comprising 19 marine parks covering 44 percent of South Australia's ocean.
- Sharing the bounty. // Ecos;Jan-Mar98, Issue 94, p11
Focuses on the marine industry in Australia. Reference to the Federal Minister for the Environment, Senator Robert Hill announcing a proposal to establish in the Bight Australia's second park; Views of fishers; Comments from Dr. Keith Sainsubury of CSIRO Marine Research.
- Safety Zone. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;1/27/2012, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p4
A quiz concerning the marine reserve in Australia is presented.
- A gift to the earth. // Wildlife Australia;Winter98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
States that the Federal Government declared the Great Australian Bight the second largest marine park in the world on April, 1998. Description of the Bight; Information on marine life found in the Bight.
- New marine park. C.C. // Earth Island Journal;Summer98, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p16
Highlights the establishment of the Great Australian Bight Marine Park. Significance of this park; Description of the marine park; How this park is allocated.
- New species of stingray discovered at Ningaloo. // Ecos;Apr/May2010, Issue 154, p6
The article reports on the discovery of a new species of stingray at Ningaloo Marine Park by scientists who conducted dive surveys off Western Australia.