- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- THE BIZ: Inside Move. Lemire, Joe // Sports Illustrated;3/16/2009, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p22
The article reports that the Versus television network, which was formerly called the Outdoor Life Network, has grown in popularity with young viewers. The network is owned by Comcast, and broadcasts numerous sporting events including hockey, bullriding, and cycling. It has grown steadily in...
- Comcast in cable cross hairs. Pletz, John // Crain's Chicago Business;11/3/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p3
The article focuses on the competition of cable television operators with Comcast Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. It is stated that to attract subscribers AT&T Inc. has offered rebates upto $250 and free digital video recorders. President of Comcast, Stephen Burke says that AT&T is proving to be a...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Bashing Comcast:. // CableFAX Daily;4/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 78, p2
Reports on the complaints of a group of Muslims against the excessive pricing of Comcast. Role of Bridges TV on the issue concerning the excessive pricing of Comcast; Remarks from Islamic House of Wisdom chairman Mohammad Bazzi regarding the issue.
- Comcast Adds a Family Tier. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a family-tier television programming of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. as of January 2, 2006. Discovery Channel and Nickelodeon Games & Sports are included among the cable networks in the family tier. One of the characteristics of the selected networks is limited live...
- Ietters. // Precision Marketing;7/8/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p14
Presents a letter to the editor regarding responsiveness and brand-building by DRTV.