Canadian faculties of medicine not in denial
- Med schools feel managed-care pinch. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;12/02/96, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p64
Reports that if manufacturers follow recommendations of a report, entitled `The Financing of Medical Schools,' the number of tenured faculty physicians, their salaries and creation of new programs could be diminished. Who composed the report; Why patient care by faculty physicians is more...
- Women Making Slow Progress in Appointments as Deans of Medical Schools. // Women in Academia Report;7/10/2012, p6
The article discusses a study which showed the slow progress with which women in the U.S. who are working as medical school faculty become appointed as deans of medical schools from 1980 to 2006.
- Medicine. // U.S. News & World Report;3/22/93, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p72
Profiles top medical professors Daniel Goodenough and Judah Folkman from top-ranked Harvard Medical School. Their professional backgrounds; Education; Teaching styles; Fringe benefits; A listing of the top research schools, according to `U.S. News' magazine's fourth annual edition of `America's...
- Geoffrey W. C. Hanks. Doyle, Derek // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/5/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7927, p26
The article presents an obituary for Geoffrey W. C. Hanks, emeritus professor of palliative medicine at the University College Hospital in London, England.
- People in the News. // Medical Device Daily;3/21/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p9
The article announces the appointment of professor Tom Huizinga to the advisory board of San Diego, California-based Ignyta.
- Dorothy Trump. Tonks, Alison // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/19/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7929, p27
The article presents an obituary for Dorothy Trump, a professor of human molecular genetics at the University of Manchester School of Biomedicine in England.
- Chukwuedu Nwokolo. Nwokolo, Chuka // BMJ: British Medical Journal;8/9/2014, Vol. 349 Issue 7970, p24
An obituary for professor emeritus Chukwuedu Nwokolo is presented.
- OBITUARIES. Jean Alero Thomas. Crawford, Dorothy H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/23/2015, Vol. 350 Issue 8009, ph1530
The article presents an obituary for Jean Alero Thomas, former senior clinical lecturer at Saint Mary's Hospital Medical in London, England.
- David Nutt. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;5/30/2015, Vol. 350 Issue 8010, ph2808
An interview with David Nutt, professor of neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College London, is presented. He talks about his decision to be a scientist during junior school. He consider Hungarian physician Ignaz Semmelweis who predated the discovery of bacteria as an inspiration. He...