Can't Control Student Choice
- policy technology. // Hill;7/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 85, p18
Reprints of various articles from different news resources including the decision of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to shut down Internet services due to an online fraud In the blog of the newspaper, a settlement of patent lawsuit between Yahoo Inc. and Facebook in San Jose...
- Identifying Effective Tactics for Cyberbullying Awareness. WILLARD, NANCY E. // School Administrator;Apr2012, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p34
The article presents information from the Center for Safe and Responsible Internet Use nonprofit corporation on how educators can influence student behavior using social media and increase cyberbullying awareness. The article suggests reinforcing positive norms, strengthening effective skills,...
- The writing's on the wall. Jacobs, Meredith // Washington Jewish Week;3/28/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p19
The author reflects on the incident at a local high school in Washington, where the idea to display a wall full of cruel tweets by the students to educate them about cyberbullying backfired. The students felt assaulted rather than being humbled, as expected by the school authority. The author...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Unvarnished viewpoints and scientific scrutiny. Brown, Carolyn Joyce // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;09/15/97, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p792
Reports that `CMAJ' consistently shows that the letters to the editor constitutes one of the most widely read sections of the journal. What goes into considering and selecting the letters; Future trends in rapid electronic publication of letters; Encouragement for letters to the editors. ...
- Health care crisis in Gaza. Rotin, Daniela; Minden, Mark D.; Teitel, Jerome // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/9/2009, Vol. 180 Issue 12, p1230
No abstract available.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- Editorial Freedom. Justice, Amy C. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Apr99, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p265
Presents a letter to the magazine's editor complaining about the firing of one of its employees.