Put onus for solving disputes onto employers
- Letter of the weekâ€¦. Archibald, Neil; Jukes, Susan // Personnel Today;5/1/2007, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to letters and articles in the previous issues including one about the urgent need for a change in attitude over working mothers, another on the experience of most claimants at tribunals, and another on the fact that employer still has the...
- mt letters. Madden, Claire; Cooper, Cary L.; Field-Smith, Robin; Crighton, Iain; Darwin, Neil; Fleet, Richard // Management Today;Jun2011, p65
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including loans for small and medium enterprises in the May 2011 issue, "Tribunals on Trial" in the April 2011 issue, and investment in skills in the May 2011 issue.
- Letters. Flanagan, Eileen; Inniss, Richard; Danskin, David; Berwald, Melvin // Estates Gazette;5/14/2005, Issue 519, p68
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Comments on the campaign diary of Kevin McGrath, Labour candidate for North East Hampshire, England; Need for Leasehold Valuation Tribunals to consider market transactions and the evidence of experts...
- Six banks appeal court ruling on construction funding issue. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p10
Reports that six banks are appealing the ruling of a state Supreme Court, in the Thrift Associations Service Corporation of Tarrytown, financing for Pennybridge manor. Issues; Details on the ruling; Names of the banks in question.
- Giving justice a fair hearing. Burrows, Emma // Director (00123242);Aug95, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p25
Outlines options for reforming industrial tribunals in Great Britain. Includes making related law accessible; Encouraging employers to deal with complaints; Conciliation and arbitration. INSET: Proposals for reform..
- Tribunal reform plans `off target' Thatcher, Mike // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p18
Criticizes the plans to reform industrial tribunals (IT) for failing to address fundamental problems in the system. Problem that the green paper did not tackle; How the green paper was described by some executives. INSET: the green paper's proposals..
- Tribunals to merge. Wilson, Beth // Legaldate;Sep97, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p8
Discloses on a proposal to merge the various administrative tribunals in Australia. Description and functions of the tribunals; Concerns on threats to the independence of tribunals.
- The judge as manager. Fisher, Louis // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the courts in the United States (U.S.) and looks at their involvement in administrative matters. Background information on judges; Information on the Administrative Act (APA) of 1946; Reference to the desegregation of schools in the 1930s; Identification of schools targeted; Indepth...
- The manager's role in alternative dispute resolution. Merchant, Christina Sickl // Public Manager;Fall96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p19
Examines the dispute resolution practices of courts in the United States, and looks at the most commonly seen conflicts. Methodology used to resolve disputes; Information on the cost of using dispute resolution; Examination of the method (ADR) alternative dispute resolution; Prevention of ADR.