Restaurant industry opposes calorie content disclosure
- Heat and light. Cowley, A. W. // History Today;Mar2007, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p67
This article presents a letter to the editor regarding "Eat, Drink and Be Merry," from the February 2007 issue.
- letters. Holden, Sara // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun2008, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article in the March 2008 issue about the calorie count and nutritional information in the recipes.
- Negative calories. Jones, Philip // New Scientist;6/26/2004, Vol. 182 Issue 2453, p31
Presents a letter to the editor on the caloric content of foods.
- Calculating the Energy Embedded in Food. Pevec, Illene // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Presents a letter to the editor about Tom Starrs' column which included the calculation of the energy embedded in food.
- Calculating the Energy Embedded in Food. Starrs, Tom // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Presents Tom Starrs' letter to the editor responding to comments on his notes on the calculation of the energy embedded in food.
- The Joy of Cooking Too Much: 70 Years of Calorie Increases in Classic Recipes. Wansink, Brian // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/17/2009, Vol. 150 Issue 4, p291
A letter to the editor is presented which focuses on the changes in calorie density and serving size of household meals.
- Calorie- Posting for Restaurants not as Simple as it Appears. // Canadian Meat Business;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p25
The article discusses the requirement of posting calorie information on restaurant menus as planned by the government of Ontario and also mentions that the decision will require joint efforts from the industry and the government in creating the required law.
- Stevia: It's Not Just About Calories. Tarka, Stanley M.; Roberts, Ashley // Open Obesity Journal;2011, Vol. 3, p85
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Stevia: it's not just calories" by M. J. Glade and J. E. Thomas in the 2010 issue.
- Calorie Recount. Mitchell, Marion // Saturday Evening Post;Mar85, Vol. 257 Issue 2, p12
Presents a letter to the editor about the calorie content of sesame seed squares.