- HOW TIME WARNER CABLE'S $3 BILLION LAKERS DEAL SHOT, SCORED BIG. BLOCK, ALEX BEN // Hollywood Reporter;11/30/2012, Issue 42, p14
The article offers information on the 3 billion dollars deal between the Time Warner Cable Inc. and the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team on November 15, 2012 for DirecTV to carry its English- and Spanish-language sports channel that would feature the team's games.
- NBA Opens Streaming To In-Market Contests. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/28/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p3
The article announces the opening of National Basketball Association's (NBA) live in-market streaming of games as the U.S. basketball group tips off its 2013-2014 season. Regional sports networks (RSN) will join Time Warner Cable's pair of Los Angeles Lakers-centric services in presenting live,...
- TWC's Lakers Deal Changes Game. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the 20-year deal of Time Warner Cable and Los Angeles Lakers basketball team which covers the television rights of the team. It indicates that the deal will involve regional sports networks (RSNs) KCAL and RSN Fox Sports West for local television. Moreover, it mentions...
- Kobe Doin' (Net)work. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p27
The article reports on the acquisition of Los Angeles Lakers basketball team's television rights by Time Warner Cable Inc. in the U.S.
- . . . as local-rights rivalry heats up. // Daily Variety;12/7/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the issues related to the competition between Fox Sports and Time Warner Cable Inc. in taking hold of two sports franchises in Los Angles, the Dodgers baseball team and the Lakers basketball team.
- Lakers Network Preps for 'Showtime' // Multichannel News;9/3/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 34, following p6
The article reports on the preparations made by Time Warner Cable Inc., home of the National Basketball Association (NBA) team Los Angeles Lakers, for the opening of the 2012-2013 NBA season in the U.S.
- Time Warner Cable's Sports Plans Take Shape. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/14/2012, Issue 20, p8
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) will officially begin the broadcasting of the games of National Basketball Association (NBA) team Los Angeles Lakers on October 1, 2012 wherein the TWC Sportsnet and Time Warner Cable Deportes will serve as its regional sports networks.
- Britt: Time Warner Cable Will Look at Adding L.A. Sports. // Multichannel News;4/30/2012, Issue 18, p8
The article reports that Time Warner Inc. has reached a deal for sports rights to the sports teams Los Angeles Lakers of National Basketball Association, Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer and Los Angeles Sparks of Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA).
- TW Cable nails layup with Lakers. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;2/15/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of rights by Time Warner Cable to distribute local broadcasts of Los Angeles Lakers games in the U.S. It notes that the 20-year deal will begin with 2012 to 2013 National Basketball Association (NBA) season in the U.S. It also mentions that the acquiring...