Fiberglass's Bad Rap
- Two-Metal High-Density Flex FOR HANDHELD PRODUCTS. Solberg, Vern // PC FAB;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the significance of array contact package innovations in enabling higher component-to-component interconnect density and enhancement of performance. Description of the traditional molded-lead- frame packages; Use of high-density circuit structure; Adaptation of ceramics; organic...
- Electro-responsive asymmetric nanopores in polyimide with stable ion-current signal. Siwy, Z.; Dobrev, D.; Neumann, R.; Trautmann, C.; Voss, K. // Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing;2003, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p781
For the preparation of a single asymmetrically shaped nanopore in a polyimide membrane, Kapton foils were irradiated with single heavy ions and subsequently etched from one side in sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl). The other side of the membrane was protected from etching by a stopping medium...
- Planarization in multiple polyimide layers. Chakravorty, K.K.; Tanielian, M.H. // Applied Physics Letters;4/6/1992, Vol. 60 Issue 14, p1670
Examines the planarization in multiple polyimide layers. Approaches for the fabrication of high-density copper/polyimide multichip interconnect; Components of the preimidized polyimide solution; Techniques used in forming the copper conductors.
- Thermoplasticity and parallel-plate poling of electro-optic polyimide host thin films. Valley, J.F.; Wu, J.W. // Applied Physics Letters;1/13/1992, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p160
Examines the thermoplasticity and parallel-plate poling of electrooptic polyimide host thin films. Basis for the guest/host system; Thermal imidization and poling of the polyimide host system with an electric field; Thermal stability of the poled electro-optic response.
- On the Possibility of Writing Thin Amplitude-Phase Holograms in the Near Infrared Range (Î» = 1315 nm) Using Polyimide- Based Fullerene-Containing Conjugated Organic Structures. Varnaev, A. V.; Zhevlakov, A. P.; Kamanina, N. V. // Optics & Spectroscopy;Sep2002, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p327
The process of writing thin amplitude-phase holograms in polyimide-based fullerene-containing conjugated organic media using an iodine laser operating at Î» = 1315 nm was studied. It is shown that such polymeric structures are promising media for reversible optical data recording in the IR...
- Near-threshold photoablation characteristics of polyimide and poly(ethylene terephthalate). Krajnovich, Douglas J. // Journal of Applied Physics;7/1/1997, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p427
Studies photoablation of polyimide and poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET) in vacuum using excimer laser pulses. Polyimide; Time of flight distribution; Translational energy distributions; Reliability and reproducibility issues; Distinguishing between photochemical and photothermal reaction...
- Formation of a graded-index waveguide in UV exposed polyimide. Sarkisov, Sergey; Teague, Zedric // Journal of Applied Physics;3/15/1997, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p2889
Reports on the formation of a graded-index waveguide in a photocrosslinkable fluorinated polyimide upon its photodarkening with the spectral line 313 nm of a mercury arc lamp at exposures exceeding 5 J/cm2. Prevention of ultraviolet radiation from penetration deep into the polymer by...
- Thin-window high-efficiency position sensitive proportional counter for the vacuum flat crystal spectrometers on the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory electron beam ion trap (abstract). Brown, G. V.; Beiersdorfer, P.; Goddard, R.; Wargelin, B.; Utter, S. B. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan2001, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p1249
We have mounted 1 Î¼m thick aluminized polyimide windows onto the position sensitive proportional counters employed by the wide-band flat crystal spectrometers at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory electron beam ion trap experiment. The aluminized polyimide, supported by thin wires...
- Time-resolved reflectivity of ArF laser-irradiated polyimide. Ediger, M. N.; Pettit, G. H. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/1/1992, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p3510
Presents information on a study that investigated the time-resolved reflectivity of ArF laser-irradiated polyimide. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.