Commentary on an article by Gaetano J. Scuderi, MD, et al.: "Identification of a Novel Fibronectin-Aggrecan Complex in the Synovial Fluid of Knees with Painful Meniscal Injury"
- Monoarthritis from blackthorn injury: a novel means of diagnosis. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/31/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6261, p361
Describes the two cases of synovitis induced by blackthorn injury in Great Britain. Causes of chronic monoarticular arthritis; Negligence of histological examination of the synovial fluid precipitate; Diagnosis of persistent synovitis induced by foreign material.
- Synovial biopsy in arthritis. // British Medical Journal;2/10/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6160, p363
Focuses on the application of synovial biopsy procedure for diagnosing arthritis. Indications of synovial biopsy; Importance of synovial fluid examination prior to biopsy; Note on the viscosity of the fluid.
- Unusual synovial Fluid Findings in Reiter's Syndrome. Pekin, Thomas J.; Malinin, Theodore I.; Zvaifler, Nathan J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr67, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p677
Presents information on a study which reported two unusual findings in the synovial fluid from patients with Reiter's syndrome, which are higher hemolytic complement levels and the presence of macrophages. Patient information; Synovial fluid examination; Information on synovial fluid findings;...
- Diagnostic tests in rheumatology. // British Medical Journal;9/17/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6089, p717
Focuses on diagnostic tests in rheumatology. Advantages on diagnosis of intracellular monosodium urate in synovial fluid; Disappointment on rheumatoid factor tests; Confinement of antinuclear antibody to tissue diseases; Benefit of radiographs of hands and feet.
- ESR in gonococcal arthritis. Murray, Dermot // British Medical Journal;1/6/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6155, p22
Presents a case report on gonococcal arthritis in Great Britain. Condition of the patient upon admission to hospital; Aspiration of synovial fluid from the knee; Treatment of patient with benzyl-penicillin.
- Fungal arthritis simulating juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Haapasaari, J.; Essen, R.V.; Kahanpaa, A.; Kostiala, Anja A.I.; Holmberg, K.; Ahlqvist, J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/2/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6346, p923
Examines the association of petriellidium boydii isolated from maduromycosis with rheumatoid arthritis. Aspiration of synovial fluid for the culture analysis; Sensitivity of the fungus to ketoconazole; Development of fungal arthritis after outdoor accidents.
- Treatment of septic arthritis due to Mycobacterium kansasii. Carroll, S.R.; Newsom, S.W.B.; Jenner, J.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/8/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6445, p591
Examines the treatment of septic arthritis due to Mycobacterium kansasii in Cambridgeshire, England. Symptoms of the disease; Detection of infection through synovial biopsy specimen; Presence of emphysematous changes in the right upper zone.
- IDENTIFICATION OF URATE CRYSTALS IN GOUTY SYNOVIAL FLUID. McCarty, Daniel J.; Hollander, Joseph L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar61, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p452
Presents a study of the synovial fluid obtained from patients with proved or suspected gout in order to determine the frequency of occurrence of crystals in gouty synovial fluid, and to prove that the particles were composed, in all instances, or urate. Inspection of the fluid by ordinary...
- Synovial fluid analysis for diagnosis of intercritical gout. Pascual, Eliseo; Batlle-Gualda, Enrique // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/16/99, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p756
Assesses the effectivity of synovial fluid analysis in diagnosing intercritical gouty arthritis. Implications of the frequency of arthrocentesis in asymptomatic joints; Presence of monosodium urate crystals in patients with and without hyperuricemic agents; Number of microscopic fields that...