LETTERS TO THE EDITORS
- British Labor and the American Civil War (Book Review). Laslett, J.H.M. // American Historical Review;Oct82, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p1168
Reviews the book 'British Labor and the American Civil War,' by Philip S. Fonder.
- SHORT NOTICES. Stevenson, John; Rule, John; Donnelly, F. K.; Harrison, J. F. C.; Porter, Bernard; Pelling, Henry; John, Angela V.; Morris, R. J.; Weinberger, Barbara; Buckman, Joe; Liddington, Jill; Benson, John; James, Louis; Lewis, Jane; Pearson, R. A.; Bagwell, Philip S.; Millard, Frances; Fowkes, Ben; Latfek, Christine; Howorth, Jolyon // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Spring84, Issue 48, p83
Reviews several books. "An Ungovernable People: The English and Their Law in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries," edited by John Brewer and John Styles; "British Labor and the American Civil War," by Philip S. Foner; "Riotous Victorians," by Donald C. Richter; "Jipping Street," by Kathleen...
- The Signal Was Spain (Book Review). Cline, Catherine Ann // American Historical Review;Apr89, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p452
Reviews the book 'The Signal Was Spain: The Spanish Aid Movement in Britain, 1936-39,' by Jim Fyrth.
- FB Meyer request. // Community Care;3/2/2006, Issue 1612, p30
A letter to the editor is presented wherein a reader of the periodical "Community Care" urges other readers to provide him information that would help him with his research about the life of British minister and social reformer F. B. Meyer.
- Land and People of Zimbabwe. Aronson, Marc // School Library Journal;Jan91, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p66
Presents a letter to the editor about a review of the book "The Land and People of Zimbabwe".
- SCIENTIST, WRITER. Asimov, Isaac // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Sep1962, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p37
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the book review by Hans J. Morgenthau in the June 1962 issue.
- LETTERS OF THE LAW. Wellford, Harry W. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article which reviews the book "Fallen Founder: The Life of Aaron Burr."
- Review of The Restoration Economy. Cunningham, Storm // Ecological Restoration;Dec2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p239
Presents a letter to the editor about a review of the book "The Restoration Economy: The Greatest New Growth Frontier: Immediate and Emerging Opportunities for Businesses, Communities and Investors."
- Editor's Reply. Egan, Dave // Ecological Restoration;Dec2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p240
Presents a response by Dave Egan to a letter to the editor about his review of the book "The Restoration Economy: The Greatest New Growth Frontier: Immediate and Emerging Opportunities for Businesses, Communities and Investors," by Storm Cunningham.