- The Auction Debacle. BUTTS, TOM // TV Technology;Jan2017, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p4
The author discusses the spectrum auctions debacle and the serious endeavour of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. to provide more support for the television industry's transition in the repack despite the agency's inability to control the lack of demand for spectrum.
- Manufacturers prepare for v-chip mandate. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p36
Focuses on the efforts of television manufacturers to comply with the US Federal Communications Communication regulations requiring half of television sets sold in the United States to contain the v-chip technology which allows parents to block television programs by July 1999. Launching of...
- Third-quarter earnings wrap-up. // CED;Nov2010, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p8
Several charts related to the 2010 third-quarter earnings in the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the total revenue of various cable operators, the year-over-year percent change of cable vendors concerning equipment supplies, and the net income of various operators...
- Interactive TV awareness up. Tarr // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/20/99, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p27
Reports on Forrester Research's study of the interactive television market in the United States as of September 20, 1999. Increase in market awareness for interactive television.
- DTV set sales falling short. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p16
Reports on developments related to digital television (DTV) in the United States as of November 22, 1999. Sales performance of DTV sets as below the industry's expectations; Factors affecting the DTV market.
- Cable TV market key to set-top growth. Paxton, Mike // Electronic News;11/09/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2244, p10
Looks into the potential of cable television market in the United States. Current cable subscription; Opportunities for set-top manufacturers and component suppliers in the market; Digital innovations that sustained growth in the cable television set-top market.
- Home Antennas Get Big Boost From Digital, Satellite TV. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p41
Features several television antennas of several manufacturers in the United States. Impact of the demand for digital and satellite video on the antenna market; Accounts of the Futura Amplified TV Antenna, TV94725 from Jasco; Design of the ATS1070, UHF-FM outdoor high definition television...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;12/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 45, p32
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "FCC Chair Praises Industry Broadband Adoption Effort" in the December 1, 2011 issue, "Netflix Expects Net Loss for 2012" in the November 23, 2011 issue, and "NCTA to FCC: Let All-Digital MSOs...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;8/27/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p46
Several letters to the editor is presented in response to the article "FCC: Broadband Deployment Still Not Timely, Reasonable" in the August 22, 2012 issue, and "Demanding Viewers Want to Know" in the August 22, 2012 issue.