Pooh has an addiction issue: holiday reading
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Falco, Ed; Knight, Betty; Lehman, Bev; Horn, D.; Cryer, Dan; Zuller, Michael E.; Vyssotsky, Victor; Maehre, Jeff; Perschbacher, Ruth; Kinen, Glenn; Shivers, Robert A.; Herring, Les; Neilsen, C. F.; Haskell, John; Chambers, Timothy; Moore, Steven C.; Rice, Joel; Baudreaux Jr., Paul // Atlantic;Nov2001, Vol. 288 Issue 4, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Reader's Manifesto," in the July/August 2001 issue, an article about chain bookstores in the July/August 2001 issue, and an article about the Russian economy in the May 2001 issue.
- Notes from Pooh corner. Melrose, A.R. // Teddy Bear & Friends;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Relates historical details and illustrations on Winnie-the-Pooh. When Winnie-the-Pooh started; Availability of Pooh in different categories.
- When Pooh was very young. Smith, Carol J. // Teddy Bear & Friends;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p94
Offers a look on the changes in Winnie-the-Pooh collectibles. Board games versions; Booklet and books about Winnie-the-Pooh; Companies who produced the collectibles; Prices of the collectibles.
- In which Pooh finds a home. // Newsweek;9/28/1987, Vol. 110 Issue 13, p73
Winnie-The-Pooh was created by Britain's A.A. Milne in 1921. Since 1940, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Kanga and Piglet have resided in the offices of E.P. Dutton, Pooh's American publisher. Now they have been presented to the New York Public Library where they will ultimately live in the Central...
- Happy birthday to Pooh. Michaud, Terry; Michaud, Doris // Teddy Bear & Friends;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p129
Presents information on the history of the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and his family. Conflicting information on the actual age of Winnie; Information on the different work of arts on Winnie; Collections of various Winnie products.
- Test your Pooh quotient. Praytor, Shirley // Teddy Bear & Friends;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p140
Provides a question and answer section on teddy bear, Winnie-the-Pooh.
- Winnie the Pooh...and Tigger, too. // USA Today Magazine;Nov96, Vol. 125 Issue 2618, p79
Reports on the Pooh Puzzle Mat from Berk Corp. in Chino, California. The cost and design of the puzzle toy; Characters from the Winnie the Pooh stories including Pooh, Piglet, Rabbit, Kanga and Roo, and Tigger; Includes a tote bag to carry the puzzle.
- The sin of Winnie-the-Pooh. // Christianity Today;11/9/92, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p29
Warns Christians against adopting a `Winnie-the-Pooh' theology. How Pooh, the character in a set of children's books, tends to be a pragmatic individualist; Tendency of American Christians to focus on personal comfort rather than spiritual growth; Need for a return to biblical holiness.
- Winnie wins big. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Mar1997, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p80
Presents gift items featuring Winnie the Pooh themes. Ornament; Puzzle container; Cut metal picture frame.