Manufacturers' recommendations for handling spilled hazardous drugs
- Are You Storing Hazardous Materials Safely? Nighswonger, Todd // Occupational Hazards;Jun2000, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p45
Discusses several options for storing hazardous materials safely in the work site. Increase in the risk of a fire or explosion from improperly stored hazardous materials; Performance of a risk assessment program.
- Cadmium Replacement Coating for Military & Aerospace Connectors. Sullivan, Ed // Wire & Cable Technology International;May/Jun2012, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p146
The article discusses the new European Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directives, which pushes towards the elimination of cadmium as a material in making electrical and electronic equipment. It mentions that although other connector manufacturers are more than willing to eliminate...
- Incidental spills vs. emergency spills. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2010, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p57
The article offers information on the properties of an incidental release, its safety or health hazards to employees, and its distinction from releases that require an emergency response.
- Sharpening the focus on occupational safety and health in nanotechnology. Schulte, Paul; Geraci, Charles; Zumwalde, Ralph; Hoover, Mark; Castranova, Vincent; Kuempel, Eileen; Murashov, Vladimir; Vainio, Harri; Savolainen, Kai // Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p471
The article provides information on the measures aiming at sharpening the focus on occupational safety and health in nanotechnology. Hazard classification of engineered particles, exposure metrics, actual exposures to various engineered nanoparticles in the workplace, limits of engineering...
- Hazardous materials in the workplace. Brady, Timothy S.; Vigen, James W. // Supervisory Management;Mar94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p6
Discusses the 1990 Occupational Safety and Health Act's (OSHA) regulations on businesses' responsibility of dealing with hazardous materials in the workplace. OSHA publication of standard 1910.120; Evaluation of potential health hazards; Required development and maintenance of written hazard...
- Intrinsic safety 101 â€“ HAZARDOUS LOCATIONS. Schosker, Robert // InTech;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p54
The article discusses the worry on hazardous locations, and area classifications for the approaches of the U.S. and the European (the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standard). It also discusses the three methods used to protect the hazardous locations such as explosion...
- Chemical safety without animals. Westmoreland, Carl; Carmichael, Paul L // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2014, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p541
The article discusses research into chemical safety assessment as of June 2014 and references a study by N.C. Kleinstreuer and colleagues published in the "Nature Biotechnology" journal in 2014. Topics highlighted include researchers' efforts to develop means of evaluating chemical safety...
- A false sense of security. Testorff, Ken // Fathom;Dec94-Feb95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p11
Narrates two incidents of empty emergency eye-flush stations in a naval facility during accidental introduction of hazardous substances into the eyes of two military personnel.
- Swallowed any hazmat lately? Dowe, Roger // Fathom;Dec94-Feb95, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the accidental swallowing of hazardous material. Safety precautions to prevent accidental swallowing of hazardous substances.