A step in the right direction
- Reply: The downstream effects of vitamin D in spermatozoa needs further study. Blomberg Jensen, Martin; Jørgensen, Niels; Leffers, Henrik // Human Reproduction;Aug2010, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2153
A response by Blomberg Jensen and his colleagues to a letter to the editor about their article "Vitamin D receptor and vitamin D metabolizing enqymes are expressed in the human male reproductive tract," in the 2010 issue is presented.
- The downstream effects of vitamin D in spermatozoa needs further study. Yang, Bo; Sun, Hang; Wang, He // Human Reproduction;Aug2010, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2152
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article which discusses the role of vitamin D metabolic enzymes expression in the reproductive system of the male.
- Fatty fish and the relation between 25(OH) vitamin D and triacylglycerol. Mullie, P; Autier, P // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;May2011, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p661
No abstract available.
- Letters to the Editor. Waterhouse, Joyce C.; Luoto, Kari-Erik; James, Paddy; Yee Wing Tong // Townsend Letter;Nov2009, Issue 316, p78
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the potential for harm from vitamin D supplementation, the association of dairy product consumption with brain lesion and the regaining of youth and vitality using an East/West treatment called...
- Tip of the month. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Advises residents in the Southern United States to take vitamin D supplements from the month of October through March.
- The forgotten nutrient for healthy bones. Fletcher, Anne M. // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p54
Reports on vitamin D in human nutrition. Role of vitamin D in the human body; Effect of deficiency of vitamin D in the elderly; Getting the right amount; Sunlight as source. INSET: D-lightful dishes..
- SI to C. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May95, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p38
Presents a tip on how to augment one's vitamin C intake. Alternative sources of vitamin C.
- Multis: Two Is Not Twice as Nice. // Environmental Nutrition;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p7
Answers a question on taking 800 international units of vitamin D for bone health.
- Vitamin D May Combat Asthma. Finkel, Jon // Life Extension;May2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p9
The article presents results from a study published in the "American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine," which found a relationship between insufficient levels of vitamin D and low performance on breathing tests in patient suffering from asthma.