Reference Accuracy In Peer-Reviewed Pediatric Orthopaedic Literature
- SEARCH & RESPOND. // Exceptional Parent;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented including a reader's inquiry about scoliosis surgery for children, another on ways to allow his child with special needs to gain independence and the remarks of a parent on the Medicaid system in Florida.
- Acute Limp in Childhood--"Jumping Jack Syndrome" Greenstein, Nathan M. // Clinical Pediatrics;Jul1975, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p622
Presents a letter to the editor about the prevalence of acute limp in childhood.
- Reference data for 4- and 5-year-old-children on the Balance Master: values and clinical feasibility. Cambier, Dirk; Cools, Ann; Danneels, Lieven; Witvrouw, Erik // European Journal of Pediatrics;2001, Vol. 160 Issue 5, p317
Presents information on a study that examined the merits of the Balance Master device in pediatric medicine. Discussion on postural control; Information on three tests that were performed by the participating children; Results.
- MINOR ORTHOPAEDIC PROBLEMS IN CHILDREN. Fixsen, J.A.; Valman, H.B. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/12/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6293, p715
Examines the occurrence of orthopedic problems in children. Characterization of metatarsus varus; Description of physiologic bowing of the tibia; Identification of the forms of flat feet.
- Normal variants in orthopaedics. Cutts, Steven; Edwards, Alison // GP: General Practitioner;7/8/2002, p45
Discusses orthopaedic abnormalities in children. Details about in-toeing and its causes in children; Information about bow legs and knock-knees in babies; Physiological and pathological aspects of flat feet in children.
- Create your own adventure at IPOS 2011. Stanley, Myria A. // AAOS Now;Nov2011, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p50
The article offers information on the 8th International Pediatric Orthopaedic Symposium (IPOS) to be held at the World Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida on December 7-10, 2011.
- IPOS 2010: A hands-on experience. Barrera, Bronwyn // AAOS Now;Oct2010, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p57
The article offers information on the International Pediatric Orthopaedic Symposium (IPOS) to be held at the Walt Disney World Swan Resort in Orlando, Florida from December 1-4, 2010.
- Evaluation of Pediatric Foot Problems: Part II. The Hind Foot and the Ankle. Manusov, Eron G.; Lillegard, Wade A. // American Family Physician;9/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p1012
Discusses the clinical assessment of hindfoot and ankle problems in children. Flexible flatfoot; Symptomatic semirigid flatfoot; Rigid flatfoot or tarsal coalition; Plantar fascitis; Calcaneal apophysitis (Sever's disease); Retrocalcaneal bursitis (Haglund's disease); Midfoot (Lisfranc) joint...
- Orthopaedic Treatment of Fractures of the Long Bones and Pelvis in Children Who Have Multiple Injuries. Tolo, Vernon T. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2000, Vol. 82-A Issue 2, p272
A large number of children who are admitted to the hospital after trauma have multiple injuries. Although most of the fractures associated with polytrauma are obvious, with deformity and swelling of the injured extremity, it is essential to examine all extremities and axial areas carefully in...