Feel-good film fails to reveal the truth
- Comparable-worth adjustments: No. O'Neill, June // American Libraries;Feb85, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p93
Comments on equal pay issues in the United States. Women's groups' arguments in support of equal pay; Consequences of comparable worth; Origin of the movement for comparable worth; Changes in the patterns of wages for women workers; Politics of pay equality.
- Lower pay justified. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Feb1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1062, p48
Examines a case filed by a woman employee claiming equal pay with the British employment tribunal. Facts of the case; Claims and contentions of opposing parties; Laws relevant to the case.
- Former Birmingham City Council employees win landmark equal pay ruling. // Employers Law;Dec2012/Jan2013, p4
The article offers information on the ruling of the Birmingham Supreme Court in England on an equal pay claims case.
- Equal pay in your pocketbook. Barko, Naomi // Working Mother;Nov93, p41
Discusses the issue of comparable worth for working women. Equal pay for equal work of equal value, regardless of gender or race; Thirty percent difference between men and women's wage; Discrimination against women's work; Trade unions' fight for fair wages; Adjustments made by companies;...
- Germany: Women continue to be paid much less than men. // Women's International Network News;Autumn96, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p73
Reports on the income disparity between men and women in Germany despite efforts of labor unions and court cases. Use of work evaluation system to the advantage of men; Existence of discrepancy throughout all professions and qualifications.
- THE UNENFORCED PROMISE OF EQUAL PAY ACTS: A NATIONAL PROBLEM AND POSSIBLE SOLUTION FROM MAINE. Wyman, Elizabeth J. // Maine Law Review;2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p24
Discusses the concept of equal pay for women in the U.S. Distinction of equal from comparable work; Prohibition of discrimination in the payment of wages based on sex; Removal of wage disparity which exists between men and women.
- Equal pay. Brimelow, Russell // Personnel Today;2/5/2002, p14
Focuses on the issue of women employment and pay in Europe. Law on equal pay for work of equal value; Provisions for organizations to evaluate pay disparity between male and female employees; Extension of equal pay cases in sex discrimination questionnaire procedure.
- NURSES' PAY STILL UNEQUAL TO OTHER MALE WORKERS' PAY. Irwin, Josie // Nursing Standard;3/19/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p33
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about unequal pay given to female and male nurses.
- Letter of the week... Rahman, Shoz; Bateson, John // Personnel Today;11/11/2008, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Should We Mind the Gap?" in the October 21, 2008 issue.