REEFGATE: The erosion of scientific credibility under GBRMPA
- Roofless Greenhouse. Wright, Michael // Quadrant Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Greenhouse Lacks a Roof," by Walter Starck in the February 2013 issue.
- The Western Rock Lobster Fishery: Overfished or over managed? STARCK, WALTER // Ausmarine;Aug2009, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p20
An excerpt from an online article by Walter Starck which can be found on the features/opinion pages of www.baird-online.com is presented.
- G.O.B. Sam, M. M. // Ausmarine;Jul2012, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p10
The author cites the ideas of marine biologist Walter Starck. Starck asserts that the environmentalist agenda espoused by well-meaning eco-management experts has resulted in the concentration of fishing rights in the hands of a few multinational corporations that profit from the labor expended...
- Government by NGO. // Ausmarine;Feb2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p20
A reprint of the article "Government by NGO" by Walter Starck, originally published online by "Quadrant Magazine" is presented. It criticises environmentalism and environmental non-government organisations (NGOs) in Australia for allegedly impacting the people's wealth, health, and well being as...
- Barrier Reef zones set to solve an imaginary problem. Beecham, Bill // Professional Fisherman;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p12
Points out that the expansion of green zones on the Great Barrier Reef proposed by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority is a hypothetical solution to an imaginary problem. Opinion of Walter Starck, one of the pioneers in the scientific investigation of coral reefs; Observation that over...
- Grave fears for our future. Stehr, Hagen // Ausmarine;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
The article explores the future of the Australian fishing industry. The author says many have been complaining on how Australia have been lagging behind productivity and it is obviously due to the lack of the government's effort to foster productivity and increase positive outcome by working...
- Has Australia already missed the boat? Burnham, Steve // Ausmarine;Oct2006, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p14
The article compares the seafood industry in Australia and Thailand. It mentions that commercial fisherman Bill Izard is the only Australian fisherman who attended a world conference on aquaculture and commercial fishing in Thailand. The Exclusive Economic Zone of Australia is 21 times larger...
- MARINE BIOLOGIST ON VACATION. Grigg, Richard W. // BioScience;Feb1980, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p119
The article reviews the book "The Blue Reef: A Report From Beneath the Sea," by Walter Starck.
- Marine Park Authority's "threats" exposed and restrictions unwarranted. Lee, Dicl // Professional Fisherman;Jun2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p11
This article reports that Walter Starck, noted coral reef scientist of Australia, has examined claims by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority (GBRMPA) that the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, has been subjected to a series of serious threats. Starck has interpreted the threats based on...