- A Rise in Temperature Increases MS Symptoms. Riley, Jeff // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/27/2009, Vol. 237 Issue 13, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "A Great Cause for the HVAC Industry" in the April 27, 2009 issue, "Why It All Doesn't Matter" in the April 6, 2009 issue and "Who Is Responsible for the Building Envelope" in the May 25, 2009.
- Fan is a must-have for effective A/C. Deines, Jeff // Wilson County News;9/9/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p11D
The article offers information on how to fix a blower fan on the heating and ventilation system in a car or truck.
- The BIG Chill. Raiford, Regina // Buildings;Jan2001, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p52
Reports on the implications of growing chiller research and re-evaluation of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) system concepts for facilities management. Method used by chiller manufacturers to re-evaluate its efficiency concepts; Alternative metrics used by the HVAC community...
- Archives building design for energy economy. Edwards, Heather // S. A. Archives Journal;1994, Vol. 36, p37
Explores ways in which nature can assist in heating, cooling, ventilating and lighting buildings. Focus on archives buildings; Protection of the world's natural resources; Natural elements assisting in energy conservation; Underground buildings in countries with extreme summer or winter...
- New Version of EnergyPlus Released. // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the building energy modeling software EnergyPlus v7.0 from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) that is based on standards developed by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Spa treatment for hotel HVAC system. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Sep2010, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p60
The article presents a case study on the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system at the Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa in Massachusetts. It says that the hotel contracted Buckley Associates to design an energy-efficient HVAC system which can adjust airflow based on demand. It...
- Capturing Condensate By Retrofitting AHUs. Lawrence, Tom; Perry, Jason; Dempsey, Peter // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p48
A discrepancy seems to exist between the cost of water to the average consumer and the actual value of that water to the society and environment. Because it is such a vital component to life and functions in society, municipal water systems strive to provide water to customers at the lowest...
- Bosch Assists Low-income Schools. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/12/2015, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the recognition given by U.S. President Barack Obama to heating and cooling products company Bosch Thermotechnology for its efforts to offer energy-efficient heating and cooling solutions for buildings and for reaching out to school districts in low-income areas.
- Making HVAC more sustainable can be EC. McHugh, Helen // Heating & Ventilating Review;Mar2015, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the significance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) in improving the sustainability of commercial buildings. Topics discussed include role of HVAC in improving energy performance of air handling units, need for HVAC professionals to upgrade electronically...