The law is no substitute for good relations
- The law is no substitute for good relations. Saundry, Richard // People Management;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p18
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Shape up or pay up," in the April 9, 2009 issue.
- ACOG's grievance process. Evans, Evan F. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Nov2004, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "My Experience With ACOG's Grievance Process," by Arnold W. Cohen in the September 2004 issue.
- Dr. Lockwood's reply. Lockwood, Charles J. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Nov2004, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
A response by Doctor Charles J. Lockwood to a letter to the editor about the article "My Experience With ACOG's Grievance Process," by Doctor Arnold W. Cohen in the September 2004 issue is presented.
- Join forces for gripe therapy. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/13/2002, Issue 2513, p20
Gives advice about the process for pursuing individual grievances in the workplace. Ways for pursuing grievances in several situations; Procedure for confronting the manager about the staff's problem; Issues recommended to be collectively discussed in the forum process.
- Union Steward: A Little Known Actor with a Very Big Part. Todor, William D.; Dalton, Dan R. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct83, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the grievance process in labor relations. Importance of the process for peaceful procedure in industrial warfare; Predictors for filing of grievances in the workplace; Effects of union steward to relationship of employees and management.
- State Grievance and Appeals Systems: A Survey. White, Robert N. // Public Personnel Management;Fall81, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p313
Focuses on the two interrelated functions of grievance procedure. Study on the error of the alleged injury; Importance of grievance system in labor relations; Examination on the realm of psychological satisfaction.
- L.A.'s Koreatown operators, workers air grievances. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p24
Focuses on the grievances of workers against Koreatown restaurateurs in Los Angeles, California. Formation of mediation panel in addressing employee complaints; Representation of the Korean Restaurant Association (KRA); Workers employed by KRA members; Cause of tension between employees and...
- The Reader Writes. McNatt, E. B.; Tyson, William S.; Patterson, G. L.; Taft, Harry D.; Katz, Isadore; Warren, Edgar L. // Labor Law Journal;Oct49, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p2
The article presents several letters to the editor regarding collective bargaining published in the previous issues of the "Labor Law Journal." The proposed magazine on current labor law meets with the reader's hearty approval. The reader is interested to learn that the editor is planning to...
- Route to turn to when talks lead nowhere. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/17/2003, Issue 2590, p24
Delves into the procedure for company complaints in the workplace. Identification of the most common reason for employees to raise complaints; Situations where employees can complain to their bosses; Discussion of the stages of the grievance procedure. INSET: HAVE YOU A QUERY FOR THE TSSA?.