Using Apolipoprotein B to Manage Dyslipidemia
- Familial Defective Apolipoprotein B and Familial Hypobetalipoproteinemia in One Family: Two Neutralizing Mutations. van der Graaf, Anouk; Fouchier, Sigrid W.; Vissers, Maud N.; Defesche, Joep C.; Wiegman, Albert; Sankatsing, Raaj R.; Hutten, Barbara A.; Trip, Mieke D.; Kastelein, John J. P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/6/2008, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p712
A letter to the editor is presented about the presence of two counteracting mutations in the apolipoprotein B gene of a family.
- apolipoprotein B--apolipoprotein A-I ratio. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p164
An encyclopedia entry for "apolipoprotein B-- apolipoprotein A-I ratio" is presented.
- 658 Overexpression of apolipoprotein-B improves cardiac function and increases survival in mice. Ramunddal, T.; Lindbom, M.; Scharin-Tang, M.; Boren, J.; Omerovic, E. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;
The article presents an abstract of the study "Overexpression of Apolipoprotein-B Improves Cardiac Function and Increases Survival in Mice," by T. Ramunddal.
- Management of the Metabolic Syndrome as a Strategy for Preventing the Macrovascular Complications of Type 2 Diabetes: Controversial Issues. Aguilar-Salinas, Carlos A.; Mehta, Roopa; Rojas, Rosalba; G�mez-Perez, Francisco J.; Olaiz, Gustavo; Rull, Juan A. // Current Diabetes Reviews;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p145
The metabolic syndrome is known to increase cardiovascular morbidity and precede the development of type 2 diabetes. Even before the appearance of hyperglycemia, the components of the metabolic syndrome play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of the macrovascular complications. Thus, the...
- Effect of a splice site mutation in LDLR gene and two variations in PCSK9 gene in Tunisian families with familial hypercholesterolaemia. Jelassi, A.; Slimani, A.; Jguirim, I.; Najah, M.; Maatouk, F.; Varret, M.; Slimane, M. N. // Annals of Clinical Biochemistry;Jan2011, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p83
Autosomal dominant hypercholesterolaemia (ADH) is due to defects in the LDL receptor gene (LDLR), in the apolipoprotein B-100 gene (APOB) or in the proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 gene (PCSK9). The aim of this study was to identify and to characterize mutations at the origin of ADH...
- Levels of apolipoproteins as risk factors for coronary artery disease. Ashmaig, Mohmed; Ashmeik, Khalifa; Ahmed, Atif; Sobki, Samia; Abdulla, Muheeb // Jornal Vascular Brasileiro;Oct2011, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p293
Introduction: The Saudi population is renowned for their unhealthy diet and physical inactivity. Objective: To investigate apolipoproteins B (apo B), A-I (apo A-I) and B/A-I as risk factors that might be associated with increased incidence of the coronary artery disease. Methods: Two hundred and...
- GRAVITY: Rosuvastatin plus ezetimibe showed greatest reductions in lipid parameters. // Endocrine Today;Apr2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses a research presented at the American College of Cardiology (ACC) 59th Annual Scientific Sessions held in Atlanta, Georgia from March 13 to 16, 2010, which found that rosuvastatin, in combination of ezetimibe, lowered low density lipoproteins (LDL), non-high density...
- Pitavastatin Tablets (LivaloÂ®). Elliott, William T.; Chan, James // Internal Medicine Alert;10/15/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p149
The article offers information on the seventh HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor pitavastatin for patients with primary hyperlipidemia and mixed dyslipidemia. It is stated that pitavastatin decreases the level of total cholesterol (TC), low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (LDL-C), apolipoprotein B (Apo...
- Abdominal obesity, blood glucose and apolipoprotein B levels are the best predictors of the incidence of hypercholesterolemia (2001-2006) among healthy adults: the ATTICA Study. Panagiotakos, Demosthenes B.; Pitsavos, Christos; Skoumas, Yannis; Lentzas, Yannis; Papadimitriou, Labros; Chrysohoou, Christina; Stefanadis, Christodoulos // Lipids in Health & Disease;2008, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Objective: In this work we evaluated the 5-year incidence of hypercholesterolemia, in a sample of cardiovascular disease free adult men and women from Greece. We also evaluated the association of several socio-demographic, dietary and lifestyle habits on the incidence of this disorder. Methods:...