- Drawing the Line. LEE, DICK // Ausmarine;Aug2013, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p14
The article focuses on the fishing vessel (FV) Wildcard's Drawing the Line (DTL) project which aims to expose the inaccuracies, errors and deception surrounding the implementation of new marine parks in Australia as of August 2013. The project involves Wildcard owner Bruce Davey, marine...
- LETTERS. Collet, Geoffrey S.; Seccombe, John // Ausmarine;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one by Neil Baird on the support needed by the Australian fishing sector and "The Kaiser."
- Protecting Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Day, Jon C. // Solutions: For a Sustainable & Desirable Future;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p56
The article presents a discussion of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Zoning, adapted from the paper presented at a symposium titled "Beyond the Obituaries: Success Stories in Ocean Conservation" held at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in May 2009.
- South Australia about to suffer under marine park exclusions. Wheeler, Wade // Ausmarine;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
A letter to the editor is presented about the potential promulgation of marine parks in South Australia.
- SOS: Save our seas. Davey, Kate // Australian Geographic;Jul-Sep2002, Issue 67, p33
Focuses on the need to protect the marine environment in Australia. Adverse effect of commercial fishing and recreational fishing; Significance of marine national parks; Ways to protect the marine environment and contribute to the sustainability of fisheries.
- New Network Criticised for Negative Impact on Fisheries and Coastal Communities. // Australian Maritime Digest;Jul2012, Issue 214, p14
The article reports on the claim of the Commonwealth Fisheries Association (CFA) that the Australian government's proposed new marine reserve networks could have a negative impact on the fishing industry in the country in 2012.
- WOODCHIPS. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Mar/Apr2013, Issue 134, p16
This section offers news briefs on environmental sites in Australia including the nomination and ratification of forest adjacent to the Wilderness World Heritage Area, installation of surveillance cameras in the Fitzgerald River Nationa Park, and a marine park on the Kimberley coast.
- Marine National Parks. // Issues;Apr2004, Issue 66, p9
Provides information on the marine national parks and sanctuaries in Victoria, Australia. Activities that are restricted in the marine national parks; Expanse of the marine national parks and marine sanctuaries, respectively; Descriptions of several marine national parks and marine sanctuaries;...
- Canberra's chickens come home to roost. // Ausmarine;Feb2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p5
The author criticises policy decisions by the federal Labor government of Australia to be regarded as the world leader in marine protected areas (MPAs) at the expense of the nation's maritime industry. He cites the creation of the Commonwealth Marine Reserves Network and the setting up of a...