Lifetime care for patients with autism
- Safety in objects. Palmer, Cathy // Therapy Today;May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p42
A letter is presented in response to a number of articles on the experiences of other therapists of working with clients on the autism spectrum (AS).
- Supporting Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Recreation. Carter, Marcia Jean // Therapeutic Recreation Journal;2015, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p193
No abstract available.
- Little Star autism-therapy center to open second Lafayette outpost. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/23/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p20
The article announces that Little Star Center will open a second autism treatment center in Lafayette, Indiana in January 2015 aimed at serving families who work at Purdue University.
- BITS AND PIECES. CHILDREN WITH AUTISM SEE BIG BENEFITS. // Palaestra;2015, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p53
The article presents information on a massage treatment developed for children suffering from autism. The treatment is developed by Louisa Silva founder of the Qigong Sensory Training Institute based in Oregon, and is effective for both high- and low-functioning children suffering from autism....
- Mobile technologies and individuals with an autism spectrum disorder: A list of applications and reflections on their use. Dumont, Claire // Occupational Therapy Now;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses the reflections on the use and application of mobile technologies for persons with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Topics mentioned include the creation of a list of applications that can be used in occupational therapy, the central coherence theory on persons with ASD and...
- Horses for courses. Parton, Dan // Learning Disability Today;May/Jun2015, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p26
The article offers information on the Minorities Agricultural and Rural Equestrian Skills (MARES) project based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, England. Topics include Adam Potts, an England-based male with autism, who has taken up horse riding to cope with his disorder, the concept of equine...
- Two Words -- One Planet. // Palaestra;2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p54
A review of the DVD release of a documentary "Two Words - One Planet" is presented.
- Looking Backward, Thinking Forward: Occupational Therapy and Autism Spectrum Disorders. Bagatell, Nancy; Mason, Ashley E. // OTJR: Occupation, Participation & Health;Jan2015, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p34
As autism spectrum disorders become more prevalent and comprise a growing percentage of occupational therapistsâ€™ caseloads, it is important to examine trends in the literature. The purpose of this scoping review is to provide a historical analysis to illuminate changes and gaps in the...
- Westfield teen's video is primer on autism. DURBACH, ELAINE // New Jersey Jewish News;10/3/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 40, p7
The article review the documentary film "A Teen's Guide to Understanding and Communicating with People with Autism" created by Alex Jackman.