Improving communication using a daily goals sheet
- Letter to the Editor. Prabhu, R. D. // Tropical Doctor;Jan2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p63
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the surgical editorials in the 2006 issue, which focuses on the inadequate facilities for the management of surgical patients in Africa.
- Surgical management of abdominal aortic aneurysm. Kwok Fai Yeung, B.; Pearce, W.H. // Vascular Medicine;2000, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p187
Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) are increasingly common in the aging population. While the etiology of abdominal aortic aneurysms is unknown, there is growing evidence that suggests an immune response. The majority of AAA are asymptomatic and when treated are standard open surgical procedures....
- Outcomes from abdominal aortic aneurysm resection... Cunneen, Scott A.; Wagner, Willis H.; Shabot, M. MIchael // American Surgeon;Feb1998, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p196
Examines the outcomes of patients who underwent abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) resection over a 6-year period to determine whether changes in the delivery and length of surgical intensive care unit (SICU) care affected outcome. Calculation of severity of illness on admission and discharge;...
- Extolling the Virtues of Euglycemia. Sharma, Meeta // Clinical Diabetes;Spring2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p87
Examines the adults receiving mechanical ventilation admitted to the surgical intensive care unit. Maintenance of blood glucose by intensive insulin therapy; Number of patients with history of diabetes; Aspects of hyperglycemia.
- Candidemia in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Krcmery Jr., Vladimir C.; Babela, Robert // Clinical Infectious Diseases;6/1/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1537
Comments on the results of a multicenter U.S. study of fungemia in the surgical intensive care unit (ICU). Analysis of the risk factors and outcomes for candidemic patients used in the study; Result of the analysis of data from cases of fungemia that were seen in surgical ICUs of university...
- SICU. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2124
A definition of the acronym "SICU," which means surgical intensive care unit, is presented.
- Factors influencing caspofungin plasma concentrations in patients of a surgical intensive care unit. T. H. Nguyen; T. Hoppe-Tichy; H. K. Geiss; A. C. Rastall; S. Swoboda; J. Schmidt; M. A. Weigand // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Jun2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p100
Background Co-morbidity, medical and surgical interventions often cause alterations to drug plasma concentrations and pharmacokinetic parameters in critically ill patients. In the present study, we investigated parameters influencing plasma caspofungin concentrations in patients of a surgical...
- Comment On: Clinical Outcomes after Unplanned Extubation in a Surgical Intensive Care Population. Coskun, Ali; Mentes, Oner; Harlak, Ali // World Journal of Surgery;Aug2014, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p2189
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Clinical Outcomes After Unplanned Extubation in a Surgical Intensive Care Population," by J. H. Lee, H. C. Lee, Y. T. Jeon, J. W. Hwang, H. Lee, H. W. Oh and H. P. Park, published online in 2013.
- Clinical Outcomes after Unplanned Extubation in a Surgical Intensive Care Population: Reply. Yoon, Hyun-Kyu; Park, Han-Seul; Park, Hee-Pyoung // World Journal of Surgery;Aug2014, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p2191
The authors' response to A. K. Coskun, O. Mentes, and A. Harlak's commentary to their article "Clinical Outcomes After Unplanned Extubation in a Surgical Intensive Care Population," which appeared in a previous issue in 2014.